Kicker amp question

cotizi
Unregistered guest
I have a pair of 110RMS Infinity kappa 6x9 3-ways and a 12" db drive 4ohm dual coil 350RMS sub that im looking to power with a four channel Kicker KX600.4 that i wanta buy... is this a good idea or no? im getting a little confused with the whole bridged/unbridged 2 and 4 ohm load with Dual coil subs so any input would help.

cotizi
Unregistered guest
anyone? please?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3022
Wouldn't work. Very few amps can handle a 2 ohm bridge. Best option is a separate amp for the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 192
You could take each voice coil to a channel.

cotizi
Unregistered guest
so you think that a mono amp for the sub would work best, and then use the existing amp for jsut the 6x9's?... also, i still dont understand exactly how it doesnt work. its a dvc sub thats 4ohms, but its wired parallel so its effectively 2ohms that is seen by the amp when bridged?

cotizi
Unregistered guest
also for mono amps...if my sub is 350rms should i be looking for an amp that is 350x1 at 2 ohms or 350x1 at 4 ohms? please help!

cotizi
Unregistered guest
the point of all this is to cut down on having to rewire everything for two amps. i would like to jsut remove the two channel i have now and use a four channel for the 2 speaker and 1 sub. If i was to wire each voice coil to its own channel would that accomplish what im trying to achieve without overpowering the sub with the kx600.4 amp and would this hurt the sub at all?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1122
Cotizi, if your goal is to only have one amp installed, then try a different brand/model. Some do offer a 4 channel amp that's 1ohm stable. Audiobahn A4125T for example is 1ohms stable and comes with remote bass control. It is a very powerful amp. I've used it to power 6x9 speakers and an 18" sub using channel 3 and 4 bridged at 2ohms. It really pounds the crap out of the car. I think Zapco/Orion/PPI/RF and others do make one similar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us