I need help!

Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 1
i dont know what subs to buy eclipse or jl audio subs for a single cab truck i want loud ground shaking bass do i nedd a ported box or sealed CAN ANY BODY HELP?

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 25
Ported box with give the highest SPL, but as for subs, what kind of budget do you have?

Post Number: 3
i dont realy have one just looken to spen no more than 300 a piece but want something that will be heard from blocks away i listen to screwed songs and country and rock and hip/hop if that helps.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 182
What size of woofer? You have quite a selection @ $300 each. Are you dead-set on jl and eclipse?

Post Number: 4
no i am open for options and would consider on anything that would work in my truck (single cab 91 chevy) any size anything that will pound on any music and will be heard for blocks away

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 186
Being a single cab they will have to go behind the seat right? I would probably start with the box. See what size of box you could comfortably fit in there 1st. Search around on the internet for a box that will fit good. And tell me the size of the box: woofer size and cubic feet.

Unregistered guest
i have a jl audio system which includs a 1000\1 amp, 2 15w3v2, and a 3fard stinger power cap. it is brand new and have never had it hocked up i wanted to buy 1 more 15w3v2 but didnt know if my system (amp) could handdle it
please help me
shawn ballinger
thug_ak47_9@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 189
How many ohms can your amp handle and how many ohms are the woofers? are they single or dual voice coil?

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 323
Shawn next time be nice if you started your own thread instead of raping someone elses.

Unregistered guest
im not sure how many ohm's they have there is 2 diffant ones u can get but i think i have the one with the strongest ohm's (or hardest on a amp) but i do know that they are dual. i dont know about the amp sorry
shawn

Post Number: 6
well i can put type2 q logic box and i dont think i can put anything bigger than 12's the box can be 17"H and 55"W and no longer than 8 1/2 bottom and 5 1/2 top so can anybody help i neeed to have some bass that will pound!

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 190
this box: QLogic QLH12512SI 12" Single Driver Type 2 Sealed Enclosure. Right? That will give you 1.2 cubic feet. So now we need to find a driver that will operate well with this space.

I like MTX Thunder. I would recommend the Thunder8500 or 9500 series. I have 2 15" L7 solobarics and I wish I would of gotten these instead. These will fit into that box. They will handle up to 500 watts rms each. I would recommend the MTX 1501D or the 801D amp. These will pound like hell and still be under your budget. You can get the 9500 series on ebay for around $320. The 8500 series for around $220.

When you select an amp make sure you match the ohms to the speakers. If the amp is 2 ohm stable like the MTX 1501D and 801D then get the 4 ohm single voice coil woofer. If the amp is 1 ohm stable then get the dual voice coil.

Post Number: 7
will these pound out good bass on screwed songs as well as rock and other stuff ?

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 195
Oh yeah. Two 9500 tens hit 140db. I have a friend that has one 9500 12" and hit 153db. Thats two db higher than my 2 15" Kicker L7's. These woofers are great. I wish I would of gotten them instead. You will now be disappointed.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 196
My friend has the same amp as me too. (1501D) I meant to say you will not be disappointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us