6 200 watt subs and 1200.1 amp in series or parrell?

CHI TOWN GUY
Unregistered guest
#1 i talked with glasswolf and he gave me a lot of help but i need to know how to wire all 6 subs to 1 mono amp.the subs are 4 ohms each and the amp is 1-2 ohms i cant find a diagram that showes how to hook up all 6 so please help

#2 when hooking up two batterys how do i do this with the isolater

#3 i got both batterys the isolater and a better alt do i also need a cap if yes how big

#4 i just want to get as much as possible out of this set up and i dont want to blow anything up SO PLEASE HELP I WOULD BE VERRY THANKFULL

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 183
If you parralled 3 woofers together that would give you 1.33 ohms. 1.33 + 1.33 in series would give you 2.66 ohms. All of them in parrallel would be .67 ohms. Just to be safe I would go with the 2.66 ohms. By the way, what kind of amp and speakers?

CHI TOWN GUY
Unregistered guest
6 12 rockford fosgate rfp4412 200 watts 400 max and the amp is jbl 1200.1 mono if you know the best way to hook this up please help so i dont burn anything up but keep in mind i want to try to get the hardest thump out of this with out blowing up this set up
THANKS FOR THE INFO

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 184
If you wire it at .67 ohms then you would get alot more out of the amp, with the risk of damage to the amp. But from what I've heard the JL amps can handle it with out a problem. If you go this route then you will need to wire the speakers in parrallel. To do this wire all of the - speaker terminals to the - on the amp and all of the + speaker terminals to the + on the amp.

To get the safer 2.66 ohms then you would use parrallel\series wiring. To do this wire 3 of the speakers in parrallel. Tie 3 speaker + and - together. Do the same with the other 3 speakers. That is the parrallel part. Now for the series part. This will give you 2 + and 2 -. Connect the + from one speaker set to the - of the other speaker set. Now all you have left is one + and one -. These will go to the amp.

I would ask some of these guys in here about that amp and see how well it will handle .67 ohms. You will get much more power out of it at .67 ohms. I don't think that it will be a problem. Hope this helps.

CHI TOWN GUY
Unregistered guest
THANK YOU SO MUCH IM GLAD YOU TOOK THE TIME TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME CAUSE I COULD HAVE NEVER GOT THAT FAR BY MY SELF BUT LIKE I SAID THANK YOU AND IF YOU COME ACROSS MORE INFO THAT WOULD HELP ME PLEASE POST IT AND THANKS AGAIN HAVE A GOOD DAY
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us