SPL???

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 16
Has anybody heard of SPL? They have a line of subs that looks decent but, I know, looks can be deceiving.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 179
yeah... I heard there a crappy sub but ive never actually "heard" them.

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Post Number: 60
I heard one of there amps and it powered Fusion PowerPlant subs really good but never heard there subs!

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Post Number: 61
I heard one of there amps and it powered Fusion PowerPlant subs really good but never heard there subs!

$OAGER$
Unregistered guest
I actually just bought one 12" SPLW 12 (1100 watts RMS and 2200 max) just to play around with and I am pushing it with a Rockford Power bd1000 (1000 RMS) and have it hooked to a five farad alumapro cap. I have heard all kinds of bad things about SPL subs, but to be honest with you this sub hits harder than a whole bunch of systems I have heard, my lights dim even with a 124 amp alternator on my duallie and I have a headache after listening to it. I have it in a custom made dual ported enclosure. If you really want this sub to pound hard, or any subs for that matter, get the new Bass Mechanik Reload CD.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 308
If the Rockford isn't overrate, it should have at least an 100 amp fuse, if not more. Think about it. That would be 24 amps left for the rest of the vehicle. That could explain the lights dimming. I also wonder why you have a 5 farad cap for only probably 2,000 watts max.

Anonymous

lets say the rockford amp has a 100 amp fuse, it's never gonna draw 100 amps...an amp never uses its full output

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 314
I know that, I'm just saying, that big of an amp withough a high-output alternator, there is not question to why the lights dim. My only point is that he is trying to make the Spl subs sound good because his lights dim. Read his post. His lights dimming has nothing to do with how good he thinks the Spl brand is. I guess we can all laugh when his alternator craps out on him.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 448
"this sub hits harder than a whole bunch of systems I have heard"
"I have a headache after listening to it."

Yeah I normally get a headache too after listening to a really loud distorted speaker for a while.

Oh man, I don't mean to hate on your sub, but I do get headaches from distorted music. So I had to say something about your method of expression.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us