Orion Cobalt CS12D or Type E?

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 212
Currently have a orion cobalt CS12D, while it performs quite well for its age, I was wondering if a Alpine Type E would sound any better? It would be paired up with a Type R.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
get another type r. thre only like 15-20 dollars more than the type e. that would probably be your best bet.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 213
Acutally, I could get a Type E for $56 shipped. Lowest I could get a Type R would be $105 shipped.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
oh wow. thats a pretty good price. is that a dual 2 ohm type r or 4?

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 214
Dual 2

rob315
Unregistered guest
id go with another dual 2 ohm type r if i were you. but if your set on getting the cobalt or the type e id go with the type e. but thats just my opinion, go with what you like.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 215
I already have the cobalt, was just wondering if a Type E would perform better, I cant afford another Type R at the moment and dont really feel like spending over $100 on another sub.

rob315
Unregistered guest
ohhhh ok. my bad, i misread what you were saying then. i thought you were buying another. whats the model # on the cobalt?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 803
...i wouldn't really reccommend using two different subs at once...jonathan or glasswolf can go into why...

rob315
Unregistered guest
as long as they are in seperate air space and the rms is the same i dont think it would matter.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 216
Thanks Jeff, Someone told me that before but Noone ever went into detail why. I dont see why it would make a difference though.

Rob, The model is CS12D

Rob315
Unregistered guest
i think youll be fine since they both are DVC and the cobalt is 200 rms and the type r is 300 rms. if you forund a descent 500 watt amp they should be fine. they might sound a little different but i dont think it will be enough to actually hear all that well. and that way youll be overpowering the cobalt by 50 and underpowering the type r by 50. you should stll reach full excursion with the type r. *i could be wrong but i think theyd be fine togeather.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us