Best amp for SHIVAS

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 161
I got just about enough cash for the Shivas and I want to know what would be the perfect amp to run them, aimed more towards someone with experience with that sub(each sub 375 RMS)I plan on getting 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
I would like to give each sub 200-300 watts each.
so a 400-600 watt amp

Rob315
Unregistered guest
why do you want to underpower it? you should try like a 800x2. its better to overpower by 25 watts than to underpower by 100-175.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
I plan on building a box to exact spec out of plexiglass, and if Im correct you can hit full EX with the right box. So im not worried about underpowering it. I forgot whos name it was but he just got 2 vegas to hit 147 while underpowered by about 100 per speaker.

Bronze Member
Username: Zepp

Post Number: 36
actually, each voice coil is 375 rms, each sub is 650 rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
that is actually the max imput.........

I do not want to argue about the sub specs.
I clearly stated that I would like amp opinions on the criteria I stated above. That is all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
anyone have a decently priced amp suggestion?
like 100 - 150

killa killa
Unregistered guest
yea it was me, around here u can get an amp for around 150 like i did the kicker kx600.1 im working on my 2nd one right now.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2988
The Kicker 600.1 is a great amp to push the Shivas with, the JBL 600.1 is cheaper and good as well. To anyone wondering, the Shiva is rated at 650W RMS THERMALLY, but it takes much less to push the driver to full potential, depending on the enclosure. 300-400W per speaker will push it to full excursion in a sealed box, or a ported box when below tuning.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
These are both 2 channel amps that give out at least 200 - 300 RMS per channel?

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
yes? no?

Anonymous

Get a MTX class D off ebay. They have a 600x1. Should be able to get it for around 150.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us