10in vs 12in

Username: Tips

Post Number: 4
whats the different between 10in subs vs 12 inch? considering they both will be recivin the same amt of watts, and theyre the same sub, just differnt size, which will be louder? clearer? can hit more? can b felt more?

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 79
I like 12's the most so I would say the 12's. The 12 has more surface areia so it will move more air, I think! Also 12's usually hit the lower frequencies, but not always!
Now that I got your braine spinning:-) if you can fit the 12's go with them. My appinion.

Post Number: 5
i found 10" MTX T8104A for 70, and 12" T8124A for 120. is it really worth the extra 50 bucks? also, the 10inch is dual 4 ohms, whereas the 12" is only 4 ohms. how big of a difference will that make?

Post Number: 6
10" MTX T81044A*

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 85
The ohm's will make a big difference depending on the amp you get!

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 86
and the 10's will do fine. I know you don't whont to here this but it just depend's on what you like! I like the way 12's sound, and other people like the way 10's sound.
For 50 buck's I would just stick with 10 I think, but I don't know a lot about Mtx sub's.

Anonymous

you could always go with Cerwin Vega V-max 12s

onlinecarstereo.com has them for 89 ea. and free shipping.

Nice!

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1211
the only difference between a 10 and 12 of the same model is the surface area, sometimes suspension is difference and xmax is higher...12's are louder than 10s comparitvely to the same model and in the same application

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 87
That is what I thought, but I didn't whont to give out false information!

Post Number: 7
eh, i plan to buy 2 10's. the 10's are 50 dollars cheaper. i dont have much money, so ill save the 100 dollars and put it into a good amp. would i need a 2-channel amp for 2 subs, or could i use a mono?

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 21
You could do either, but the mono will be cheaper.

Post Number: 8
wait, so whats the difference between mono and 2 channel? why would i buy a 2 channel? does this mean i could use a 2 channel for all 4 speakers?

Post Number: 9
to clear up my previous rambling... so whats the difference between mono and 2 channel for the use of subs? why would i buy a 2 channel for subs? does this mean i could use a 2 channel for my other 4 speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 789
no no no no no....ok, here goes....

Mono amps: Can be used to drive a single subwoofer, usually a mono amp will give out more power at the lower impedence (ohms) you run it at, most mono amps are stable at 2 ohms, some at stable at 1, if you spend monsterous amounts of money, .5ohms, these are used in multiply sub configurations as well, you wire the subs togehter to create your desired ohm load and run the amp at the...

2 Channel amp: Can be used to run a pair of subs, usually each channel will be stable at 2 ohms, or can be run at 4. Again, the lower the ohm, the more power the amp will put out...You can do what they call bridging an amp which is running both channels to one sub, 95% of 2 channel amps are only stable at 4 ohms in bridged mode. Also i see alot of people running component speakers with a 2 channel amp and not amping there rear speakers.

4 channel: mainly to run your door speakers, 1 channel for each speaker...some other uses but not common enough to mention.

Thats kinda it in a nutshell (tiny shell)

I suggest you refer to the website www.bcae1.com and spend a good couple days reading though that site, you'll learn more then you ever thought was possible about car audio...

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1214
heres what im doing...running 100x2 2 chan amp to my front components (crossed at 240-20,000 Hz), 100x2 2 chan amp to my rear vifa PL midbass (crossed at 80-240) and my shocker super extreme amp undecided (probably run a mono amp at 2 ohms )i.e. v4000xd visonik amp 4000w rms at 2 ohm, maybe something

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok ok. i see... sort of. what would be better to do, 2 subs running on 2 mono amps, or 2 subs on one 2 channel amp? which would be better sq? better boom? cheaper price?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 213
a mono amp can run more than one speaker! it doesnt have to be a single driver it could be 20 subs if you have them wired correctly and it is a strong enough amp. If you are trying to save money do the mtx 600 watt mono amp and those 2-10's or I like the sound of the 2-12in cerwin vega v'max's for the same price as those mtx 10's. They will sound better I would bet.
James

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok, i see. so then... would it be a good idea to use the MTX Thunder841D to power both the MTX 81044A subwoofers? would i be putting good use of the subs? or the Audiobahn A8000T?
do you kno any other cheaper but decent amps i could use?

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 17
Those cerwin vegas would do you well...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ok ok. would it be a good idea to use the MTX Thunder841D to power both the cerwin vegas? or a different amp? how much better are the cerwin vegas then the mtx?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i mean... the 12 cerwin vega v'max's are 300RMS ... and mtx81044A is 500 rms... when you mean the cerwin vegas are better, why??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
what about the Volfenhag ZX-4712, i found those for 65 dollars each. is that a good deal?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
or one adire shiva 12"? man i need to stop posting so much. lol. sorry guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 18
hey I'm in pretty much the same boat as you so far but I've researched most of those and the volf's are crap I guess (you get what you pay for), the mtx's I dunno about and the shiva's are reccommended a lot. The v-max's I heard in person and liked them alot and for 100 each I think they'd do more than any of those except maybe the shivas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us