Best subs for my new system

Username: Mrwigglez

Post Number: 2
Im building a system for my car, nothing much, just an amp and subs for now, ill stick with the stock GM tweeters for now.

I have $900 for a CD/MP3/R-RW player an amp and subs.

I want the subs to have at least 1000 watts rms a piece.

I was considering the Kicker 03CVR18.

So what should I buy?

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 46
For 1000 watt's rms, you can go with Alpine type X's, Eclipse T's, Re x.x.x or the Adire brhama. They are all expencive subs. They are also grate sq, and spl subs!

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 170
if you the subs to be atleast 1000w rms a piece, youre most likely going to need a HO alt, which is going to run 200-up, decent amp to power 1 of these subs is around 300-up EACH plus the sub aroung 400-upEACH and you need a HU which is giong to run 100-400 for a decent one.PLus youre going to need box,which is aroun 30 dollars if you build one, and then youre going to need a wiing kit, another 40

so the best thing i would do is
1 15" RE X.X.X dual-450approx -1600w rms OR if your're totally into sq get a idmaxV3 whicll run you about 330 shipped.
1 hifonics 1500d -300
knuconceptz wiring kit-40
sub enclousure-30
with the X.X.X leaves around 100 dollars for a HU(which isnt all that good)
but with the Idmax V3 you'll have around 200 dollars for a HU
so IMO i think you should either save up a few more dollars, or think about having the 1000w rms each sub and downgrade and have the same amount of output. Remember power isnt everything about car audio.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 171
If you have aim hit me up on cubanthug4lif305 and i can clear up a bit of what i put.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2962
In all honesty, you aren't going to find 2 1000W subs, a good amp to power them, and a head unit to power them.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2964
I meant to say you aren't going to find two good 1000W RMS subs, a quality amp to power them, and a MP3/CD/R-RW head unit for 900 bucks. You're going to have to reconsider your options.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us