What else compares or out performs

Anonymous

For the Price what will compare or out perform 2 kicker compvr 12" subs. I can get them for 90 each, 215 for both shipped. What other brands should i look at for the same sq and spl or better?

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 19
alpine type r. simmilar price and a better sub if you ask me.

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 41
Ya alpine or adire

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 42
Cerwin Vega V-Maxes are 90 bucks each at onlinecarstereo.com

I really turned mine up for the first time last night at a party and by the end of the night about 20 people had jumped out of my car because it was too loud for them.

They are powered by a kicker kx600.1 in a custom made ported box.

Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 2
so the v-max's are good, eh?

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 44
To the average person getting their first system, YES!

Thanks to everyone on this board who recommended them to me!

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 43
_____________A__L__P__I__N__E Type R

NUFF said!!

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 118
Alpine!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2989
The Shivas would hit the hardest out of the 3 compared above, I personally like them for SQ better as well. Very good subs, some of the best you'll get for the money. You could also consider a single 12" sub that is better instead of two lesser ones, like the Eclipse Aluminum 12" (discontinued 8100 series, they're all over the place). Those really open up in a ported box and hit hard, and sound excellent doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 312
try the re se also.

johny5
Unregistered guest
too much hype for the shivas. IMO the type r performs as well or better in every possible way.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 318
i have to disagree. the shiva has one of the best motors on the market. it will not distort until its at its death bed. it is also made out of better materials. the type r isnt a bad sub though especially for that price. i just think the shiva is better.

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 46
_____________A____L____P____I____N____E

------------ T Y P E - R

the r stands for awesome Results

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2991
"too much hype for the shivas. IMO the type r performs as well or better in every possible way."

You're saying that in a thread full of Type R posterboys. I doubt you've even heard the Shiva. It has more SPL than a Type R due to it's cone area and excursion, and it's motor assembly, the Shiver motor design, is simply a better design. It retains higher linearity at high volume levels, equalling more motor strength, driver control, less distortion, and more SPL in the end. I used to carry the Type Rs, Infinity Kappa Perfects, and other subs in that range, after hearing them on a daily basis, I feel the Shiva is better. Doesn't make it better, it's just the opinion I've developed after hearing them all. You should listen to all the subs before making your decision.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
"You're saying that in a thread full of Type R posterboys."

Woah.. I wouldnt consider myself a poster boy for Alpine!!!! Ive head alot of subs! IMO I prefer the Alpine Type R. Prefer the Type X. I like alot of subs but hey everyone has there preference... Ive heard alot of people brag about JL... Brahma... and alot of others... (Almost typed Audiobahn! Hehe)

Bronze Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 28
Cerwin Vega V-Max

The lowest price I've found for the Type R is $109 each plus at least $25 shipping.

V-max- $89 with free shipping at onlinecarstereo.com.

That is if money is an issue.

If not I guess you wouldn't be asking ;-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3000
I wasn't really referring specifically to you, Stan, I know it sounded blunt. There have been a lot of people saying "get brand x, don't get anything else, they're the best" lately, typical uneducated brand loyalty type posts, not all in this thread though. You still have to leave people with the power of choice, there is no one best of anything in any price range, that's why everyone has different subs. People such as you have weighed out their options, and haven't chosen based on an impulse or a bunch of biased or uneducated opinions, you've done the right thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
Alright Jon! =) I agree 100% for people to go out and listen and make there own choices. Just use our suggestions as merely that... suggestions. But yeah you are right, alot of people are really biased.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 120
hey stan what amp/s are u using for your 12s?
u gonna upgrade to the new r's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
alpine mrdm1001.

Not any time soon! Dont have the money for it!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 123
eh yeh i wonder how there gonna sound .. just bought my damn rs and they got the new ones out now

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
Whats worse about it they are the same price!!!! =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us