Just ordered an Audiobahn A8000T

Username: Yamahaboy2123

Post Number: 10
i do have a couple of questions. i have those dual bestbuy subs. i do like them btw. ok here is a pic of what it looks like Upload
it goes from one conection to both subs..what im looking for is a 2ohms load. they are 4ohms and single voice coils here is a link to the subs
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069299397134&skuId=6221064&productCategoryId=cat03081&type=product
if it is not 4 ohms by itself what do i have to do to make it four ohms..i saw some charts for dual voice coils but not single...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1022
If the subs are SVC and 4ohms each, then those 2 in parallel connnection will give you 2ohms total. If they're SVC 2ohms each, then those in series connection will give you 4ohms total. Just use a DMM and find the load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
what is dmm???and the wya its set up now in the pic is it 2ohms??

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 43
digital multi-meter...connect it to the positive and negative of the pass-through(the where the wires are connected to when it's all sealed up) and you will be able to find out how it's wired

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
where can i get one of those??? i dont want to spend alot of money on something when i can just rewire it my self for free

Gold Member

Post Number: 1027
Radio shack for $10. It's something you might want to invest a bit on. You'll always need DMM when working with electronics.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2949
Any electrician will have a meter, any self respecting electrician will have a Fluke meter :-).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok, my uncle lives next door and he has a meter that checks car batories...would it be ANYTHING like that??sry if i sound stupid lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1029
Maybe. A DMM will check volts, amps, ohms, connections etc. A handy tool that every guy should have. You know what they say, a man should either be good looking or handy. I think I'm both :-)

Username: Marley289

Post Number: 7
how exactly do you use the DMM. if i wanted to test ohms on my subs, how would i go about doing taht?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
DMM has a setting for measuring ohms. Some have auto setting while others have ranges. One might say 0ohm - 200ohms, 200ohms - 1K etc...
To measure the speaker's load, set the DMM to ohms, then take the plus and minus from the DMM to the speaker terminal's plus and minus. On the display, it'll show you resistence.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us