Kicker kx1200.1 ???

Username: Bigslim

Post Number: 2
I am purchasing this amp today. It will be powering dual 12" Audiobahn subs, 800 Watts. Will this do?

Since the kx1200.1 is a mono amp, will I need a new amp in the future to power my in-car speakers? I plan on upgrading those in a month or so.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 34
is that 800W a max power rating or RMS? if it's max, you shouldn't use that number to consider the amp needed. you should use the RMS power as a general idea of the amount of power needed.

are you saying the subs are 400W each and 800W total? or 800W each?(I doubt this with the audiobahns)

what is the resistance of the subwoofers? that will dictate what kind of amp you will need along with the power rating of the subs

dual voice coil(DVC) or single voice coil (SVC) on the subs?

Bronze Member

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 35
mono amps are generally used for subwoofers only.

You will need to get another amp for the interior speakers, especially since you will want stereo sound. Depending on what speakers you get for the interior, using your HU to amplifiy them might work for the time being. Getting a quality cd player(HU) makes a big difference in what those interior speakers will sound like

Username: Bigslim

Post Number: 4
Specs:

Dual 12" Molded, Textured Injection Poly Cone
50 oz Strontium Magnets
2" 4 Layer ASV Voice Coil
Power Handling: 800W RMS
Sensitivity: 103 dB
Frequency Response: 25-140 Hz
Impedance: Dual 4-Ohm (two 4-ohm terminals can be wired together for a single 2-ohm load)

Bronze Member

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 37
lookin' at the specs, that amp is 1Ohm stable so you'll be able to wire it to get the full 1200W out of the amp.

Kicker amps are highly regarded by the people on this forum and are known for their quality.

I'm not too familiar with audiobahn subs, but in general, sending 600W to each would work just fine. most subs will reach their maximum excursion before the continuous power maximum (which is usually thermal anyways), so only giving 600W to a 800W sub should work just fine.

as an example, the adire shiva can handle I believe 650W RMS and works just fine with about 300W supplied to it.

Bronze Member

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 39
also, here's how you would wire it

Upload

this is from Infinity's website...the pic is kinda cruddy 'ca

Bronze Member

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 40
oops..its kinda cruddy 'cause the original background was black

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7226
rockrd fosgate's site has a wiring wizard.
tey that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us