X.XX question...

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 37
just a quick question about a 12 inch X.XX. would one 12 inch powered by a hifonics brutus at 1 ohm, putting 1000 watts to the sub be too overwhelmingly loud just for a daily driving car? im hoping to have the alpine cda-9835 so i would have the sub control so i guess i could turn down the sub a little, but would it still be too too loud? should i look at something that i could use a smaller amp for? thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Zepp

Post Number: 22
like you said, you can always turn it down

or you could look to cheaper, less powerful alternatives, like an re se, alpine type r, adire shiva, etc

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 38
thanks zepp. how do you think the 3 you just mentioned would rate against a JL 12w6v2?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 749
i'd rather have almost any sub them 95% of JL's subs...i'm just not a fan...sort of a personal thing against tweeter, i came in looking to buy a pair of door speakers, he tried to talk me into (for a good hour) into buying a JL 300/4 and 2 12W7's with a JL 1000/1.....all i wanted was a set of door speakers!

Cky
Unregistered guest
sounds like a problem with the salesman not JL audio thaNK YOU thank you very much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
well thats what a salesman does, he tries to sell you as much as he can

what i do when i have to buy something from a store (rather than online) is i let the person know exactly what im looking for and im not interested in anything else

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 17
A jlw6v2 is much better than an alpine type r, adire shiva and a re se. But it is a dropoff from a re triple x

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 266
actually i think the sx will be on the same class as the w6v2. but thats my opinion. the triple x will be fine at 1000 watts. as for "the sub be too overwhelmingly loud just for a daily driving car" there is no such thing:-) but i guess you can turn it down. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 138
yeh i would have to agree with hunter on this one. But maybe you'll most likely get a lil bit more output out of the sx than the w6v2. And the sq IMO will be the w6v2 but not by much. BUT sq is totally personel opinion. SO my vote would be towards the sx, pls i believe the sx would be cheaper than the w6v2, but ont quote me on that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
the w6v2 is 300 something, the sx is 250ish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us