Doing custom box ,question about neons?

Username: Drew2bm

Il

Post Number: 1
I am building a custom box for a 10" Alpine type E sub. I want to put 2 plexi glass windows in the box and i want to mount a neon accent tube inside. Has anyone else done this that can give me some advice? Does it cause problems like ruining the neon, (e.g. to where it wont light up)?

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 112
Never done it before... Some are built pretty tough. I can almost say for certain that it will shorten its life. Just make sure where the power cable goes through the box is air tight!

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 38
just go and buy neon rope stuff, it wont affect the life of that stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 755
use super thick plexiglass and dont even think about using a double layer of it, no matter how many screws you put in it, its make a slapping sound...i made that mistake, i had a box for 2 eclipse 10"s and put a plexi top on it...really wish i didnt waste that money on the sheet of 1/4 plexi....bad bad idea...

hogiekid
Unregistered guest
we put neons in a box that had seperate chambers for 2 12's and both 12's broke the neon in their chambers. it took about a week but then they stopped working. we were using the 12" neon like you buy from the auto supply. i would try the rope lights like suggested above.

for the windows we used 1/4" acrylic sheet. that seemed to work just fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us