Simple enclosure q

Bronze Member
Username: Jonny_987

Post Number: 11
on the spec sheet of my infinity reference 1232W sub, it says to use a sealed enclosure with a volume of 1.25ft^3. Does this include the volme of the actual sub or should I add that on (i.e. make an enclosure with a volume of 1.36ft^3 to take into account the sub's 0.11ft^3 displacement)?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 380
u can, it won't hurt a thing. but dimensions for a 1.25 box are easier to cut, than 1.36.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 89
why is it easier to build a 1.25 than 1.36 box then?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 740
you're working with...easier numbers...like a side 16x16 instead of a side like 19x23 or something like that...its all personal prefgerence though...but yea you need a net volume after sub displacment of 1.25

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 385
figure your dimensions to hit 1.36 cuft. I think you'll find they are odd numbered, like down to the 1/100 of an inch. hard to cut dimensions like that.

Bronze Member
Username: Zepp

Post Number: 21
or you can make it 1.25cu.ft and add some polyfill

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2930
Usually when manufacturers tell you a specific size like that, it is a gross figure. Infinity also adds that you should use polyfill inside the enclosure. They're basically telling you to build a 1.25 ft box and pop the sub in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
kool thanks for replies. Also, if the sub enclosure has a slanted face as opposed to being a cube (straight face), will it affect the phasing of the sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
kool thanks for replies. Also, if the sub enclosure has a slanted face as opposed to being a cube (straight face), will it affect the phasing of the sub? i'm pretty sure it duzn't but i'm just double checking.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 91
I didn't think it was much harder to measure 19 or 23 than 16.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us