Extremely Imp Question Need Help

Username: Got2bhot

N. Massapequa, New York US

Post Number: 1
Ok well i am new to this car audio stuff and am completely oblivious to mostly everything about it.
I have a 2005 cadillac escalade ext(PICK UP) and i bought MTX sledge hammer Thunder 4500 t4512x2-a. The subs will be put behind the back seats in the cargo area. All i can afford is a SONY XPLOD 1200 watt AMP. I just want to know if that amp will make my subs BUMP pretty good. Will they hit hard where ppl can here them from the outside? will that amp and my subs be a decent system? will this system sound "OK" or will it actually sound pretty damn good and hit lol. i need honest answers and a lotta help wood be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 32
at 600watts rms people will hear it from out side but do not recommend the sony's because there amps don't have the power supplie built with enough capitance there for your lights will dim a lot

Post Number: 2
Well if i buy it will i still feel the subs kik well or not? like will the system sound pretty good inside and outside? like i sed im new to this i no u may not suggest it but its all i can afford at the moment. im just worried that this system wont bump

Post Number: 3
Well if i buy it will i still feel the subs kik well or not? like will the system sound pretty good inside and outside? like i sed im new to this i no u may not suggest it but its all i can afford at the moment. im just worried that this system wont bump. Anyone have any disagreements with previous poster or anyhting elce to add

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 46
dude...here is a simple fact....dont get a sony amp...there subs are "ok" but there amps are garbage when it comes to power...they dont have a rated power...sony just throws a big number on there and says that...its not rated...MTX and other good brands have rated power...but i would just spend a little more and get a stronger amp...its well worth it in the end....maybe someone else can give you better advice lol....p out

Post Number: 4
ok so for 200 dollars or less what amp do u suggest..what wattage and all that

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 35
save up for an amp that at least has 400watts rms at the rated ohm you need (400-500watts rms brand new)

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 36
For 400-500 hundred dollars (CDN)

Post Number: 5
keep in mind my speakers are only 450 watts each

Post Number: 6
i have 2 8 ohm speakers and 450 watts rms

Anonymous

did u get the T4512-44 (dual 4 ohm), or T4512-04? Recommended wattage says 112.5-225.

Post Number: 7
t4512x2-a thats what it is

marked as 450 watss rms and 900 watt peak music power

Post Number: 8
lol if anyone has AOL or AIM plz IM lol its a lot easier

IIGOT2BHOTII

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 32
you jus bought a 2005 EXT which is around 55K and you cant afford a better amp?... im guess your parents bought u the car then lol. that or your in a hell of alot of debt. my parents jus gave me an 02 escalade... im savin up to do all JL audio.. jus got the VR comp set and speakers and a 300/4 amp... i have 1500 that ive saved up... im going to buy a flipscreen and then save up for subs so i;ll have them in about a year lol

id save up for a good amp but goodluck with your choice

Post Number: 9
nice man they are sick rides..ya my parents bought it for me but i dont got money for an amp now. basically all im sayin is if i get this sony xplod 1200 or this kenwood 800 watt will my system bump or not. i no i sound mad stupid its just i dont no nothin bout this stuff soo.. lol

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 33
my brother used to have a kenwood amp... it got the job done alot better than the sony would... just how much money do you have?

Post Number: 10
250 ill spend the most i wana spend 200 tho

iigot2bhotii

IM me if anyone can help me

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 34
yeah you cant buy much with 200-250 ... i think ebay has kicker kx600.1 for like 240 or sumin... ive heard pretty good things about kicker amps. any1 else know what to buy for that price range?

oh and heres a tip... its better to buy a good amp with lower watts than a crap amp with more watts.. you think your getting more bang for your buck but actually the better amp is probably pushing the same amount of watts and is alot more reliable

example... sony 1200watt amp prolly pushes 1200 max where as the kicker kx600.1 pushes more than 600 RMS which should be around 1200 max

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 35
or a kx850.2 would do you pretty good with a little over $300

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 36
oh and i was just wondering if the sony amp says 1200 watts max .... because if it does than its prolly not even reaching that so its prolly 500 and something watts RMS

Anonymous

DUDE , IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY DO NOT NO GET SH!T UNTIL YOU HAVE THE CASH!!!!!!OTHERWISE, your gonna look pretty damn funny. i mean you have a sweet ride and your about to install a bottom end sound system. first of all, you shouldn't of bought those mtx subs, there o.k., thats about it.Save some cash or finance a sweet system. Amps(my personal experience with them,all awsome) MTX,Rockford,Infinity,JL Audio, those are my take. As for SUBS( all 15" 's if you want ppl to hear you coming, one will do by the way)go with a JL Audio 13W7( the only exception to 15",-its a 13")RE Audio X.X.X.,Adire Audio Brahma,Image Dynamics MAX,Eclipse Ti's, these are my take and beleive me you will be heard. By the way for the subs you gotta get a "mono" amp. this allows only low freqs. to the subs, eliminating an external low pass crossover.as for your doors you gotta go with components for crystal clear highs.polk audio,infinity,Adire Audio,MB Quart are some excellent component sets. good luck with the cash( around $1,700-2,500, maybe even cheaper)dont waste your cash on some slopy eqipment only to regret it later, beleive you me ,you will regret it when your bass get swallowed by the low rider next toy you with 13w7's........

Pharoh
Unregistered guest
If you still read this thread, listen to me k.. If you buy any sort of sony product for "car audio" and show an expert, he will pull down his pants and piss on it. Sony Explodes is the perfect name for them.. U ask why?, Because thats what they to, they explode and your left with nothing.. For around 250, you can get a Rockford Fosgate amp, but its not going to push nearly what you need to make your subs "bump or hit hard". If you want to make your subs sound like sobs and impress people, save up the extra 200$ and purchase an infinity, soundstream, pyles good because they are reliable, or evan an MTX, a little less rms than an infinity, but alot less in price. DO NOT BUY AUDIO UNLESS ITS QUALITY*. I had to wait to my freind, but all in all, you will be satisfied.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us