Output of koda 10 vs shiva???

Anonymous

I am considering both the koda and the shiva for my next sub. Lets say the koda 10 was in 1.25 ft^3 net receiving 250 watts continous and a shiva was in 2.5 ft^3 net recieving the same power. Both are in sealed boxes. I know it can;t be answered exactly but what would be louder in general? Would the koda have a decent amount of spl compared to the shiva or would it be far outdone by it? Anyone with any insight the help would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2927
Actually, the Kodas put out more than the Shiva. Consider it an intermediate step between the Shiva and the Brahma.

Anonymous

thanks for the reply....so the 10" version of the koda would have more spl than the shiva given the previuosly stated conditions?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2943
Oh, oops, I didn't even think about that. The Koda 10 won't put out as much as the Shiva, the Koda 12 would be more though. You'll probably be around 3db down using the Koda over the Shiva.

Anonymous

aright thanks for that...one more quick question: what would have greater spl given once again the above conditions, a 10" alpine type or a 10" koda? They seem to be very similar.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us