Help with a setup

Anonymous

ok im thinking about getting 2 JL Audio 12W3v2's. Also getting on jl 500/1 amp to run the 2 subs. Will this be a pretty good setup? just wanna make sure these things are really gonna hit. Also what would be the best box for these?

last question, would my money be better spent somewhere else? if so what would you recommend getting?

Anonymous

come on theres gotta be someone that can help me

tayllor17
Unregistered guest
Jl is a grate brand, and 2 12w3's should hit hard. That would be a nice setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 38
yea it should be a really good setup....im not that knowlegable about subs but glass or someone should be able to help...and if i were you...id otn know what the price would compare...but i would get a jl 1000/1 amp and a jl 13w7 or like an RE X.XX or an eclipse maybe...not sure how prices would stack up or how much power....just an opinion

Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3
The price would jump up, but so would the greatness of the system. If you don't want to spind that much money, the 12w3's would rock:-)

Anonymous

yea the 1000/1 amp and the w7, is a pretty big price jump, im not looking to spend that much.

Does anyone else have any recommendations on a setup that would be better than this, for equal to or less than what the current setup im planning to get would be?

thanks for the replies

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 321
get a 12 w7 and 1 500/1 amp that would be my vote

will use less power sound better and shouldnt be a big jump in price

Anonymous

so 1 12w7 will be better than 2 12w3, when powered with a 500/1 amp?

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 16
I don't know about that! 2 12w3's has more surface area, so wouldn't that move more air resulting in more bass?

Anonymous

yea thats what im wondering, and hoping someone that knows for sure will post.

2nd question that no one really answered, obviously the jl setup will be a pretty good one, but i know jls expensive too. Is there another setup that anyone would recommend where my money would be better spent?

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 44
wellll....not sure...cause youll hear me this say stuff like this alot...i dont know how much it will cost but 2 12 or 10 inch eclipse Ti's with an amp...idk what amp...but i dont know price comparison either....maybe someone else can help you witht hat...cause i found a eclipse 10's for 199...idk

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 110
It all depends on your preference of brands. Alpine is my fave. Jl is others. Audiobahn is a few! =) Also what is your budget???

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 19
it will be hard to beat the Jl's, and not pay as much or more.

Anonymous

the max i'd be willing to spend i think would be what 2 12w3s and a 500/1 amp would cost. I've been thinking jl just because ive only heard good things about their amps/subs, and don't know a single person around here with jl.

looks to me like alpine is quite a bit cheapers than jl, the most expenisve alpines on onlinecarstereo.com is the Alpine SWR-1221D.

What makes you prefer alpine over the jl's?

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 111
The Type R is not the most expensive. The Type X is. woofersetc.com

Barely anyone has Alpines cause of the price and avaibility in alot of areas. Quality is superb. Sound is excellent!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us