Feelings for SPL products??

Username: Shawn_s

Post Number: 5
What's everyones feelings for SPL products? Their prices, esp. on ebay are damn good. How would you rank SPL w/other brands? My friend who deals in audio stuff ranks them above Kicker and even with JL audio. I kinda prone to Kicker for some reason.

He said they're awesome for competition, I believe it w/their 200oz magnets and >2000 RMS ratings, but would that be too much for everyday use? Will it last long?

Shawn

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 148
If he sales SPL then he will swear by them. What are you tring to do? Blow your ears out or something nice to ride to?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7165
SPL brand products are on par with pyramid, legacy, and pyle.
cheap crap.

that's my honest view of them. high failure rates, lousy performance, too cheap of a cost to be worth anything. good materials for products cost money. R&D time costs money. these are two of many reasons why good products aren't $40 for a 15" subwoofer.

Username: Shawn_s

Post Number: 6
lucas,

Definetly sumtin to ride to. In fact, an overpoweringly loud system I'd find probably annoying. Most likely, a 300 watt amp w/a 10" woofer would exceed my expectations. I just want to invest my money into something respectable.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 83
I have never heard of them so I have no opinion.

Anonymous

so then why are you posting? post wh0re.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 165
I wouldn't recommend SPL then unless you were strapped for cash. If you are not strapped get something that will sound better. If it is super-cheap then you will probably be disappointed.

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 11
"SPL brand products are on par with pyramid, legacy, and pyle."

Damn they are that bad? I sure do hate that Pyle of crap though...

Anonymous

I bought an SPL amp of ebay (1200 watt 6 channel) only cost just over £100 but for some un explained reason it stopped working after a week, so prob not such a good buy :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us