System

Joe Dirt
Unregistered guest
hi im looking to spend about 1000$ on one sub and 1 amp and a box... any ideas i like high spl but good sq too!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 235
look at the re X.XX.. or the brahma. they are about 400 shipped. as for an amp the hifonics brutus bx1500 its around 270 shipped. and you can either build a custum box from the specs at www.reaudio.com (look) under tech i think) or you can have a local shop make one for around 150 up to 300.

after sub and amp you are left with 330.
or you can go with this amp http://memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=25
this amp is tiny, but produces some power. i think you can get for around 650.
check out ebay for amps like orion, kicker 1200.1 or the sx1250.1 just look around. i think the hifonics will be the cheapest for the power though. i think it will do the trick.

Joe Dirt
Unregistered guest
what site can i buy them at... i lookedat REaudio.com, and i emailed them and it said the email couldnt be sent.... is there an online store with either types?

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 34
wow you have a lot of possiblities then. the JL W7 is arguably the best, but there are many others out there like the Orion H2, RE X X X, Adire Brahma, and the Eclipse Titanium. I have heard from others that the Alpine Type-X is pretty good as well.

Many of the higher end subs need custom boxes or have special prefab boxes made by subzone to fit your box needs.

Your amp will be decided by the sub or vice versa. Whatever power the sub requires is a factor in what amp you should get. For example, the H2 handles 2,000 watts, so the amp should provide power accordingly.

However, the size of the box also plays a role in how much power is required for the sub. I believe it is the larger the box = the less amount of power needed. Also, the brand and quality of amplifier plays a huge role in price. I would decide on a subwoofer and go from there.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 237
was the email to sales@respl.com? yeah i dont think that sites even up yet, try sales@reaudio.com
if you want the brahma try www.acoustic-visions.com they pay shipping and have good customer service. the differrence between the x.xx and the brahma is 2 mm of exscursion. and the re people are slow to respond on emails and i have heard they are slow to send thier products. the people at a-v are not. another place for the brahma is adireaudio.com they are the best when it comes to customer service and satisfaction. look on ebay too.

Anonymous

Try to stay away from Hifonics amps. The quality has gone down over the years and they are overrated. I would recommend something from the Rockford Power Series or an MTX 1501D. A 15" Adire Brahma is 479 I believe and and MTX amp goes for around 400. That will give you about $100 to spend on a ported box which you could get made at any reputable car audio shop or check out poweredforsound.com

Anonymous

Try to stay away from Hifonics amps. The quality has gone down over the years and they are overrated. I would recommend something from the Rockford Power Series or an MTX 1501D. A 15" Adire Brahma is 479 I believe and and MTX amp goes for around 400. That will give you about $100 to spend on a ported box which you could get made at any reputable car audio shop or check out powered4sound.com

Joe Dirt
Unregistered guest
ok if i get 1 15" brahma and the mtx 1501d amp, they come in dual 2 ohm voice coils..... how should i wire them, parallel or series?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 239
if the mtx is one ohm stable wire in a parallel series to 1 ohm. i thiught you were looking for a twelve sorry for the wrong prices. make sure that your car can handle the upgrade.

Joe Dirt
Unregistered guest
well, i like the brahma 15", but whats the difference in sound between that and the 12"?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 240
if the mtx doesnt wire down to 1 ohm then dont get it try to get and amp that is one ohm stable, or has lots of power at 4 ohms. look at orion amps on ebay or memphis both companies make great amps. you can only wire the brahm to 4 or 1 ohm so a 2 ohm stable amp is almost pointless. the rockford is 1 ohm stable but is pretty exspensive, just look on ebay

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 241
the 15s louder:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 87
JLW7 the best??? I guess arguably! Type X!!!!! =) IMO

Joe Dirt
Unregistered guest
Orion 1200D... would that have good power for the 15"