JL 10W6v2 vs JL 12W6v2

Username: Psychon

Post Number: 5
Hey everybody! I would like to know what's the difference between these two subs with regard to SQ? I'm looking to get either (only 1 to be driven by 350 watt amp) and want some opinions on how they fare against each other. What are the advantages and disadvantages of going with the 10" or 12"? Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 322
I perfer 12s over 10s. Both will sound good, and the JL W6V2 is a great sub. However I like the 12s ability to play the lower freqs. The ten will seem a little more punchy, and since I listen to a wide varity of music, I want something that is a little better balanced.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 471
Go with the 12" sub. You most likely won't notice a difference in SQ from the 10 and the bass is deeper from the 12. What amp are you going to use?

Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 3
I was faced with this situation too and thankfully went with the 12w6v2. The sq between them is not really noticeble and tha 12 will catch those lower base tones. And for the amp 350 watts is ok but if you're going to get one of those subs they work really good with the jl 500/1 amp.

Username: Psychon

Post Number: 8
Ok, thanks for the advice guys, i'll most likely go with the 12! I will be using my old kicker DX350 to power it. I know it's not much (rated at 350 on 2 ohms) but it'll have to do because my budget doesnt permit an amp upgrade at this point. By the way, what size enclosure (sealed) do you recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 333
I would go about 1.25 cubes. Thats right in the middle of what JL recomends. Should give you a good all around balance. If you get it done and you think you need a little more power, add a little over 1lb of polly fill and see if that helps. Should make the box seem a little bigger to the sub and give you a little more punch till you have the money to upgrade your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us