Wire help!

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Post Number: 15
im thinkin about gettin 2 Kicker L7 15" Dual 4-ohm coils(1000 watts, 2000 watts peak) and the amp im thinkin about is a alphasonik amp, the specs are

Number of Channels 2
RMS Power (4 ohms) 500 watts x 2 chan.
RMS Power (2 ohms) 900 watts x 2 chan.
RMS Power (1 ohm) 1500 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged RMS Power 3000 watts x 1 chan.
Peak Power Output 6000 watts approx.
Min. Impedance Unbridged 1 ohm
Min. Impedance Bridged 1 ohm
THD @ Rated RMS Power 0.05%

how would i wire the subs, the websites for wiring say they can either be 1 ohm or 4 ohm loads, is it possible to make it 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 366
you can wire it up 1 channel to each voice coil, and be o.k. Are you sure u really want that amp? I'm pretty sure you can do alot better than that.
I made the mistake of getting one. It's still setting in the box, DOA and they won't replace it. If I were you I would think about that move.

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Post Number: 16
what amp would you reccomend?

Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 2
koz. its a 2 channel amp and there are four voice coils. Richard, u looked at that website wrong. dual 4 ohm coils equal a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 370
yes u have to wire the voice coils in parallel to get a 2 ohm load. he has virtuallythe same post twice, it is better explained on the other one.

richard as far as the amp is concerned, try mtx-orion-cliff design-jl- there are a lot of others. I personally would not go with the alphasonic.

Anonymous

Go with an MTX... very good amp for the money
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us