Good sub?

sublime420
Unregistered guest
is this sub any good? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14230

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 151
Yes. I personally like them alot.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcgoal33

Post Number: 28
it looks like a pretty good sub all the info on it looks pretty good 20hz is pretty low for a 4 ohm subwoofer it would be a better sub if it were 2 ohms but yes its a decent sub should give u some pretty deep bass if its in the right box.

sublime420
Unregistered guest
cool. thanx.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigap15

Post Number: 54
It doesnt matter about ohms. if you can get the recommended watts rms to a 4 ohm sub it would sound about the same as it would if it was 2 ohm. Ohms just helps in wiring.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
no ohms make a big diffrence actually the dbs and the hz are totally diffrent at diffrent ohms and when i switch from 2 ohms to 4 in my truck its a huuuggggeee difrence

Anonymous

maybe cuz with 2 ohms you are getting more watts with your amp?? i always thought it didnt make a difference ..so confused

sublime420
Unregistered guest
thats only because ur amp puts out more watts at 2 ohms than it would at 4 ohms. i dont think ohms makes any difference. as long as its the same RMS.

sublime420
Unregistered guest
bret. ur a dumb a$$

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
alright so ur telling me a 2000 watt amp that can be run at 4 or 2 ohms has more wattage when in 2 ohms?

sublime420
Unregistered guest
thats exactly what im saying.

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 35
the watts at 2 ohms will be higher then the watts at 4 ohms. Example: The JBL BP1200.1 puts out 600W at 4 ohms, and 1200w at 2 ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
im getting out of this argument im not saying ur wrong and im not saying im right all i said that started this whole thing is the sub would be better if it were 2 ohms and that is true no matter wut way u look at it

sublime420
Unregistered guest
no its not. cuz my existing amp puts out 200rms @ 4 ohms. thats all that sub can take. if it were 2 ohms then my amp would probly f*ck it up.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2916
"all i said that started this whole thing is the sub would be better if it were 2 ohms and that is true no matter wut way u look at it"
No, that isn't true. I agree that a sub must be matched to it's amplifier for the proper power requirement. I disagree that this is best done at 2 ohms, the only benefit in that area is that you save money. An amplifier will have lower distortion, more headroom, better damping, higher signal to noise, and overall better SQ when running a higher impedance. For SQ, 4 ohms would win the day. The key is giving the sub it's required power, and this can be done at any impedance if you match it right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us