Sub Box

foxstoner0420
Unregistered guest
What exactly would you use to secure your subwoofer box from sliding around, and where would you get them?

Bronze Member
Username: Psycho93

Post Number: 17
use metal brackets n bolt them to the back of your box n the base of ur car but use l brackets but be sure to not hit n e thing u shouldnt with your screws like gas tank n s**t u can get those at home depot or something like that

Username: Zepp

Post Number: 9
take a mouse pad and cut it up into 2inx2in squares, and glue or screw them to the bottom of the box, the rubber bottom of the pad keeps the box from going anywhere :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 707
that mouse pad is a good idea, my box basicaly it as wide as my trunk so if it slides its a matter or like 6in each way...no biggie

Bronze Member
Username: Jcgoal33

Post Number: 22
yea but u take a corner too hard one of these times and ur box gets thrown into the side of ur trunk and knocks somthing loose in the box or knocks the actual box loose, it could fall apart eventually is my point from all that banging around

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 709
i drive an SUV, if i take a corner to fast i'm gonna have bigger problems then just my sub box hitting the wall of my trunk...

Bronze Member
Username: Jcgoal33

Post Number: 25
yea thats true

Username: Flpguy94

Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Hi,I am helping my friend build a subwoofer box for his Mitsubishi Eclipse. He wants it to be lying down and on top of the spare tire storage w/a hindge for easy access to the spare tire and he also wanted it to have a plexiglass top for show. I know there's a way to do this but I've never built a box for car system b4 and I know it's not going to be easy, but would any one of you know any website that I can check out to see how this is done and do how I measure this box? Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 9
Try some heavy duty velcro on the bottom of the box. I've heard it works quite well and no drilling involved.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us