Low pass on head-unit or amp?????

Username: Metalgearsolid

NJ

Post Number: 7
i got a alpine 9813 and it has low pass filter for subwoofer from 20- 200 hz. i also have amp powering subs, that also have low pass filter.so, my question is if i want to set at 80 hz, should i set my HU to 80hz and amp to 200; or HU to 200 amp is 80 hz or both of them at 80 Hz.anyone with alpine headunit will understand my question better. thanks.

Jameson
Unregistered guest
I have the same Head Unit in my car the music travels through your radio before it goes to your subs so if you set the radio to 80hz it doesnt matter what you set your amp to because it will not play anything over 80hz.You can set your head unit to 80hz and set your amp lower like 60hz and then your subs will only play from 0-60hz unless you got a subsonic filter.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 123
I set my amp xover all the way up to 200hz. I can then use my deck to change the xover freq.

NJ

Post Number: 8
thanks jameson. right now i have headunit at 80 and amp around 80-90.i do have subsonic filter at 20(selectable from 20-45hz).does that change anything?

lucas, so according to you i should just set the amp all the way up around 120 hz (my amp has 20-120hz)is that right?

NJ

Post Number: 9
just to clear up any confusion, my new amp (just installed yesterday) do have subsonic filer and low pass filter from 20 - 120 hz. my old amp used to have 200hz and no subsonic. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 139
Thats what I do and it works fine. This also lets me easily adjust the xover freq. My deck will adjust xover at 5hz increments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us