Need help on deciding what subs to buy?

Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 1
I have a 1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab. I have been looking into buying some subs to give me some bass. Right now I am running 4 6x9 Pioneer 3 ways off a sony headunit. I was wandering if anyone could give some advice on what subs I should buy. Thanks very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 16
what kind of room do you have for subwoofers?

how much are you looking to spend?

what kind of sound are you looking for out of the subwoofer...sound quality(SQ) or something that you can feel the thump(SPL)?

if you get a subwoofer, you will also have to get an amplifier, cables, etc.

give a little more info and somebody will be able to give you better guided advice

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 79
What budget do you have? Space??? What music do you listen to? Do you want to use your extended cab space for anything else then subs???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Damn brian... posted the same thing I did! At the same time! Hahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 17
heh

OH United States

Post Number: 2
In the back of my Ranger there is enough room for a box with 2 10's most likely. Is there anyway to put the subs under my seats to leave the cab open for passengers. For the subwoofers I am looking to spend about $150 max for each subwoofer. I would like the subwoofers to give some thump because I listen to rap music a lot of the time. Thanks very Much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
How much clearence do you have under the seats?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
I know for a fact you can get 2 twelves in an extended cab... Friend had one. But thats having the box on the seats!

OH United States

Post Number: 3
I just looked and there isn't enough room under the seats. There is only like a 5 inch gap between the floor and the seat. So I guess the best place to put them would be in the cab.

OH United States

Post Number: 4
In the extended cab there are two flip out seats. Would it be hard to put the subs in there instead of the seats. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 355
there are a few companies that make shallow mount subs, earthquake for 1 and I can't think of the others. I'm sure jon or glass can tell you tho.

I've several setups with the subs under the seat, so I know you can get it done. zac can probably give you some insight to this also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Problem is that it might be 8in subs! =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us