3 13w6vs or 3 12w7s with a 500/1 each...compare...

Anonymous

these would be in a sealed box... which would have better SQ? and which would have better SPL? they would all have a 500/1 each ... also which would you buy?

does the 12w7 have equal area because the surround goes past the screws or no?

opinions and fact welcome thanks

Silver Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 107
well ahhh..... if you notice the 12w7 is better line of driver than a 13w6.... i think 2 12w7 would be enought power for you...

Anonymous

thanks... any1 else?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 700
i concure....why do people that like JL audio always seem to want 3 of them....? anyone notice this?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2904
You should try both out and see what you like. A lot of people (including competitors) like the sound quality of the W6v2 better than the W7, it's just a subjective matter, and of course others prefer the W7. Car audio and Electronics magazine rated the 12W6v2 as "the best sounding sub they'd tested", and that was after they tested the 10W7. I'm not saying the SQ of the W6v2 is better, I'm just saying that a sub isn't automatically better just because it's the most expensive or touted as their "flagship" speakers, you have to choose according to what you intend to do with it. The SPL of the drivers will be pretty close honestly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us