Re-doing entire system, need some suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 266
Like a lot of people, I went and bought a bunch of crap for my car, not knowing anything (legacy, & pyramid, LOL) I've replaced most of it now, and it sounds all right, but I'm ready to change again, and this time I want to do it right. So far all I have changed is the Headunit, I got an Alpine CDA-9830, not top of the line, but still really good and I don't have a humongous budget. Now I am working on replacing my stock 3.5" speakers in the front, and getting Q-Logic kick panels so I can have some mid-range speakers. (My car is a 94 sunbird, not many places to put speakers.) I was thinking about getting (2) Alpine 3.5" for the front, I know they sound ok, and I sorta want to have as much stuff as I can Alpine. Will they sound alright, or should I look for something different? (e.x. Infinity)

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 267
?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 287
scrap the 3.5's and get 6.5s in kicks

type r and type x alpine speakers are cheap on ebay, you can get a component set for a nice little deal

if you got type x components 2 alpine amps and a type x 12" sub youd have a sweet little matching system

or if you want to save some cash go type r all around

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 269
I am gonna get 6.5s eventually, but I still want to replace the stock 3.5's in the front. I was thinking about getting type r components for the kick panels, but I still want to know if the Alpine 3.5s will sound good, or should I scrap the all alpine and get something better?

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 59
go all alpine :-) type x's would be sweet
go with alpine amps link them up with the adaptors and u can control everything from up front in ur head unit

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 272
Yeah, that sounds good to me. Thanks for the input guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 72
If you are working on a lil budget, recommend scrapping the type x. Go with the type r components and subs.. Type x's are almost double the price of type r's. Just a suggestion.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 274
Yeah, I just checked Alpine's site, and I definitely will go with Type R's. Of course, I would love the F1 series components, but I don't have 3k lying around. By the way, do you think the Type S 3.5" will sound good? Those are the only 3.5's alpine makes right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 64
what is the speaker setup for ur vehicle?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 277
3.5's in the front, on the dash right up by the windshield. 6 x 9's in the back, like I said, not many places. I will eventually get kick panels made by q-logic, and then I'll get 6.5's.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 73
I was about to say try to get some kick panels! =) If thats all you can get than yeah it will work. Type R's will rock better. But hey you can only work with on what you can get. Im still debating between the Type R's and X's. It all depends on how my tax return goes!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us