Remote amp turn on lead

Unregistered guest
I have a 250 watt sony xplod amp and i hooked it all up but it didnt work. there is a spot for the remote amp turn on lead. Well the book said to use the accessory on my radio if there isnt one so i did but then my radio wouldnt turn on. what do i do?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 267
what accessory is that?

Unregistered guest
its the 12 volt accessory/switched on the radio.the amp instructions say: when using a car audio without a remote output on the amplifier, connect the remote input terminal to the accessory power supply. i just need to know what plugs into the remote slot on my amp.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 275
Let me make sure I understand right...
The amp has an input for the remote, right? And the head unit doesn't have an output for it?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6972
Steve, run the main power line (8ga minimum) to the battery positive terminal. fused at about 24" from the battery.

ground the amp to bare metal with the same size cable within 24" of the amplifier.

the remote lead tells the amp to turn on and off.
if you are using an aftermarket head unit, run a wire from the amp REM input to the radio's REM wire, or power antenna wire if no remote wire is available.
If this is an OEM radio (factory) connect the amp's REM wire to a switched ignition wire behind the radio so the amp turns on with the car.

steven macleod
Unregistered guest
hey glasswolf my radio has the power antenae wire so ill try that. thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6976
that's the way it should be done.
now if you find after doing so that your amp only works with teh radio and not with the CD/tape.. that means the radio had both PWR ANT and REM wires, and you need to use the REM wire instead of PWR ANT.
just something to be aware of with some models.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us