Hey glasswolf?

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 85
hey I just sold my cherokee and bought a grand cherokee limited. It came with the Infinity Gold System. I have no expierence with this system so I was wondering how it was as far as the speakers. I was planning on changing them out anyway but I didnt know what kinda system they could be used with? Just to give you a little background of my system I am gonna be running a Alpine 9813,a PPI a600 running a brahma 15,a PPI 480 running my mids and highs which have yet to be determined. I believe I am gonna use the JL audio VR 650's in the rear sinse I already have them NIB. As for the front I have no idea what to go with. How is the staging in the ZJ's I kow you have 2 of them. thanks
James

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6979
the infinity gold system uses an amplifier mounted under the passenger rear bench seat. the speakers are wired up to the amplifier for a 2 ohm load, so exchanging the speakers with normal 4 ohm components will yield half the power to the speakers.

if you replace part of that system you may as well yank it all out and start from scratch. all you'll lose is the driver 1 and 2 presets via the keyless entry system with the factory stereo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us