Amp for High's

Username: R1rider

Hope Mills, NC US

Post Number: 4
I just ordered these http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-EF-61-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108381.htm and was wondering what would be a good amp to push them.Any help would be apreciated

Victor

Hope Mills, NC US

Post Number: 8
Anybody? The comp's are on the way and I would like to get some advice before I buy an amp. Thanks

Victor

f-con
Unregistered guest
you can use any small amp with high and low crossovers to push the component system, however, it should be 4 channel so as to let the two subs get the lows and the midrages and tweeters to get the highs, the amp can at least be a 400 watt amp

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 941
Victor, if you want good quality sound, then invest in a decent amp. Don't just pick up any 4 channel amp.
From my experience, you will notice the difference when playing CDs with lot of instruments. The higher quality amps will make them sound almost "live" and 3D. The cheaper amps will produce the notes but will lack oomph and sound very much like your living room.
The only way you'll understand what I'm talking about is to have 2 amps and compare them side by side using the same song and environment. You'd be surprised with the result.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7002
look for an amplifier rated for 75-100 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms.
look at JBL GTO series
Kicker
MTX
Memphis
Zapco Reference
those brands are all good, and relatively affordable.
If you want to run back speakers too, look at a 4 channel model with the same power, like the 100w x 4 Kicker KX800.4

Hope Mills, NC US

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the replies guys. I bouhgt a diamond ausio d5 600.2. The amp pushes 150W x 2 @ 4 Ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us