Subs Needed??

Bronze Member
Username: Taylornuts

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 27
I need some 15" subs (2) that can handle anywhere between 1500 and 2000 watts RMS each any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 260
how much money you got?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 680
you could go with a 15" brahma or a 15" RE X.XX.....although either of those subs dont need anywhere need 1500 rms to reach full excursion, they'll do with about 800-1000 rms each, what amps are you planning on using? whats your budget?

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 28
I was a audiobahn fan cause when I was running 1 2250 in stereo at 2 ohms per channel to 2 audiobahnaw1500q's it sounded great it moved just about everything I had the fella 5 houses down call the police on me. But when I put the speakers to the test they failed with-in about 15 min. They were damb good subs if you are not a power junky like me.

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 29
I have 2- Orion 2250XTR the Beast and 1- 2100hcca (old school), it depends on how much cash you are talking.

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 30
hear they areUpload

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I would go with the re, brhama, or if you want to spind the money go with the eclipse T pro

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 265
Which one of those amps fried the audiobahns? Those amps are off the hook! If you just want loud I'd go with that RE MT.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 266
OR! wait till march to get the RE mystery sub.

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 31
one of the 2250 running @ 2 ohms mono fried one of them and the 2100 running @ 2 ohms mono took care of the other

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 281
2 for 2! So what you think of the MT then?

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 32
where can I buy or get prices on them? What I found so far on the MT I LIKE ALOT

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 283
www.reaudio.com
The MT 15" is $485 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2893
Willie, you've got your hands on some kick a$$ amps. I know Glasswolf will agree since he's running 3 XTR2250s in his comp vehicle :-).

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 285
are you gonna get the MT??

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 411
i have two 9915 DD's. these are the most durrable subs in the world hands down. ask any DD owner or even anyone who competes., they will agree. these subs will handle over 9,000 rms burps for extreme competition on a daily basis without failure so long as proper time for cool down is allowed.
i ran these subs for two shows. i now run 4 12's in my car because of measurement issues.
these woofers are quad 2ohm coils. i'm not sure if your planning to street beat or compete but either way that load should work out for you. i know you could run one amp to each sub and have a mono 1ohm load, which would be equivelent to 1/2 ohm stereo. or burp a 1/2 ohm mono load.

anyways i would be willing to sell my custom built DD's at 1800 for the pair if your interested, these woofers are in great shape and were never abused. i will gaurantee they are in perfect cosmetic and working order.
they retail right now for 1300 each, there is no wholesale with these woofers, that is the price, they can only be ordered direct from DD.
DD is only interested in producing "the best product in the world"... having the most profitable business...is not on thier priority.
these are a very limited production woofer and it takes time for them to be built, from the hand laid kevlar cones to the hand wound voice coils.
follow this link to read more on them. keep in mind the power ratings from DD are very modest as well.

also, all DD's can be reconed for around 100-150 bucks anytime by anyone which also includes any upgrade in wattage handling and size you choose,(the magnet is the only part they use in reconing).
at any rate, whoever you buy your subs from...they should be Digital Designs.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9900b

l8r
world record holder USACI super stock 2004
world champion USACI super stock 2004
zac davis
(thank you jess at DD)
(thank you david at MMats)

p.s.
Upload
here is a 9500 series.:-)

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 287
Look pretty cool. Not sure how it compares with MT. Especially if you get 2 of them brand new for less that $800.

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 33
any thoughts on SPLW12?

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 34
any thoughts on the splw15?

Bronze Member