Box dimensions for 15" X.X.X.

Bronze Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 44
does anyone have the dimensions for a ported box for 15" X.X.X.? reason i ask is because i placed my order with RE and im not going to receive it until tues and i gotta start building the box to give it time to dry,(glue,etc.). im also going to cover the box with leather to match my interior rather than carpeting. thanks. aprox. dimensions will work too.i reaaly got to start building this box, thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 64
Well, you are gonna need a 4 cu ft box tuned to 27 hz if that helps. I am no expert when it comes to drawing up ported boxes, though. Ill look around and see if i can find any plans.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
heres a link to some box dimensions for 2 15" subs but you would just cut one hole and you should be fine. Total volume is 5 cu ft and it is tuned to 30 hz. You may want to shorten the sides but not the port length to decrease the overall volume.
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation/images/956_54.gif
It is not perfect but it is a start.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
I take that back. after doing a little reading on that sub it should sound great in a 5 cu ft ported box tuned to 30 hz. I really know very little about this sub and I am just going off of what I have read. You may want to ask for glasswolfs help on this one. He has personal experience with this sub and knows a hell of a lot more than me. Afterall, a month and a half ago i knew NOTHING about car audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 48
thanks a lot eric
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us