What would YOU do? (glass, jon... anyone)

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 24
Well, I hate to say it but that car audio itch is going away :-(. I've decided I'm going to downgrade in hopes of gaining some money. Right now my 12W7 and H.O. box are in my mind, just not the investment that i want in car audio. I'm not really into SPL anymore, and i'm thinking about trying strictly SQ. I'm going to sell everything including my 500.1. What do you think I should do to downgrade?

1. Image Dynamics IDQ 12"/15" sealed. Amp - the 12" is 350w/700w, and the 15" is 450/900... any recommendations?

2. Adire Tempest sealed/ported. Amp - not sure on power recommendation... any recommendations?

I'm leaning towards the IDQ's just because i've heard so much about rave their sound quality. Mind you, i do not want to have to do an alternator upgrade... i'm almost positive my explorer is 130A... not sure what the about the tempest. Please respond if you have experience with either of these three. Thanks guys! Any other options would be appreciated as well.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 296
well if you are going strictly SQ i think youve narrowed it down to 2 great subs. try listening to them your self or if not...go with whatever you want based on price/alternator/looks b/c i think both of those are supposed to be AWSOME.

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 25
Yeah i figured both were probably, best bang for the buck SQ subwoofers. The tempest can be had for 150 which is awsome. I have the feeling in the back of my head, that once i sell my w7 ill miss my SPL :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us