Need some help with subs.

Username: Yoy0master

Post Number: 2
Hello first off I want to say i'm new to the whole subs and amp thing but want to try to buy a system. Being as young as I am I cannot afford really high dollar stuff so i'm forced to go to eBay :-(, but anywho here is my question. i want to buy these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18804%26item%3D5739632778 %26

They seem good, I guess, and i want to know what kind of amp i will need or how much power I will need to move these, as you can prolly tell i really dont know much :D, I was wondering if this amp would work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5739632836

Or if you guys know a sub and amp setup that is at or under $250 let me know and i'll prolly get that. I'm on a limited budget and want to get a nice hard hitting system. Thanks for your time
Andrew.

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Post Number: 17
The links dont work... your going to have a hard time finding a nice hard hitting system at $250. You might look at something self-powered like a bazooka tube

Post Number: 3
Links work fine for me ... the subs are New Pair of Pyramid Car Subwoofers 15"

total 2,400 Watts
Peak Power Handling: 1200W
Magnet Structure Weight: 110 oz
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Voice Coil: 2.5" Aluminum
Fs (Hz): 36.8
Qts: 1.37
Qms: 7.17
Qes: 1.70
Vas (liters): 3.111

and the amp is .... ~New~ 2400 WATT 2 ch LEGACY AMP W/Remote Blue Diamond
2400 Watts Max Total Power
2 X 1200 Watts Power Per Channel
Full Mosfet Power Supply
Chrome Top Plate With Plexi glass Insert
Remote Bass/Sub Control
Variable Gain Control
Remote On/Off
Gold Plated RCA Inputs
Hi/Low Level Inputs
Variable Bass/Treble Boost
Built-In High/Low Crossovers
Tri-Mode Capable
Dimensions: 11.5" X 2" X 19"

Could you guys help me understand better what an ohm is and how watts work .. or send me a link to a web site that will exlpain that (in beginers terms at least) thanks,
Andrew

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 109
www.bcae1.com will teach you alot. And dont buy those subs or amp.

Post Number: 4
What subs and amp would you guys reccomend? Even if i cant buy them now i may be able to in the future (for now tell me some cheap subs and amps)
andrew

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 59
If I were you, I would get a single diamond 15" cm3 sub and then try and find a jbl bp600.1 amp. The sub would be about 120 and the amp is 150-200. You could also try looking at some hifonics amps. The build or buy a ported box that is to specs and you will have a system that will blow away those pyramids for the same price.

Post Number: 5
Sweet the sub is like you said 120 $ , which is fine , now for the amp. How many watts and what not is needed to run the diamond. thanks very much eric.

andrew

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 60
500-600w rms would be ideal. Make sure whatever amp you get is at least 500w RMS not MAX or PEAK I think the hifonics zues zx6000 is 600w as well as the jbl bp600.1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us