Audiobahn A8000T question...

Username: Semi

Post Number: 2
This is a general question about amplifiers.
The amplifier i plan to buy writes:

400W x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohms mono 800W x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohms mono

On the amplifiers they never say what they deliver in 3 ohm . As i can calculate it will deliver about 533RMS . Is it true?

And what happens if i use 500RMS power from the amplifier to feed a subwoofer that has 800RMS such as ALUM10Q . Will the subwoofer work?

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 16
the subwoofer will work fine all it means is that the subwoofer isnt gettin the max power that it can handle without damaging it...
800rms jsut meant that u shouldnt go over and amp that is 800 watts rms to power it,,,

jigga666
Unregistered guest
once again adam, a stupid a$$ answer. its really not good for the sub to be underpowered. you should try and find an amp that is right around 800rms or just a little under (700-750).oh..just let adams answer to you go in one ear and out the other cause he talks out of his a$$.

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
man all he f#ckin asked is if the sub will still work...and im pretty f%ckin sure half the ppl out there r running an amp that is prob at least 100-200 watts less then there subs rms...
"Will the subwoofer work"...that was his question and im pretty sure if u ask anyone it will work...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us