Truck subs

Username: Wizard9791

Post Number: 1
I drive a 2001 f-150 extended cab... i just got 2 infinity 10" kappa perfect dvq subs and i was going to get a ford box to put them under the back seat. then i found out that the box is built for subs with a max depth of 5" and the kappas are 7" deep. any ideas on what to do aside from taking out the seats?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
The only thing to do is custom build the box. If you get somone else to do it, it will cost a lot more. I had the same problum with my hx2's. Every where I went said that they wouldn't fit and that I should get a prefab box. Then I went to a car audio place and they said that the could build a box for them. Now I have my 10's under the backseat and the box is the right size for the subs:-) The bad thing is it cost me around $175

Username: Wizard9791

Post Number: 2
the problem is now i found out that there is only enough room for the sub itself, with no extra clearence... it's a squeeze just to put the sub under

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Are you talking about hight wise, I have a chevy extended cab and the way my box is don. The seat is siting on the box so that the subs will fit. The seat is only up around a inch so you can't really tell wen you are siting in it. You will just have to prop the seat up just a little for the box, good luck.

Anonymous

Check Out subthump.com, THey have a box build for chevy's that is build for extra deep subs so they may have one that will fit your truck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us