Subwoofer Choice

Devon
Unregistered guest
either Alpine SWS 1042D, Infinity 1030W

Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 4
both alpine and infinity make good subs. if i had to choose one tho itd be the alpine. its slightly more powerfull it looks better and they generally perform well.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya go with the Alpine

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6868
what's your budget?

Devon
Unregistered guest
right now i have a budget of $500 for subs...but at the start of january i will have a job so i will find out then i was thinking $1500-$2000.

Devon
Unregistered guest
**right now have a budget of $500 and was gonna try to buy subs with that.**

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Are you wanting 2 sub's or just one, and what size subs?

Devon
Unregistered guest
2 10"...it needs to fit under backseat of a chevy silverado ext cab...cus i havent decided if i wanna take back seat out to make more room for system or not.

Devon
Unregistered guest
if i took the backseat out i would probably do one of these since i would have more room ....http://bigdogcaraudio.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BIG124

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6884
for $500 you could go with the type R subs not the type S.
much better subs from alpine.
or even look at a pair of RE SE or SX tens, or a pair of Eclipse Aluminums perhaps.

lots better stuff out there for your price range

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Hay Glass how good are the Eclipse aluminum's, I kno that Eclipse makes good stuff but no one talk's about the aluminum's.

Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 6
ya for 500 if your gonna go with Alpines definately go with the Type R's over the S's

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2864
Eclipse Aluminums are fantastic subs, taylor. SQ is top notch and they'll hit very hard with the right amount of power. They also work very well in sealed or ported boxes.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Thank's!

taylor17
Unregistered guest
With 2 10 inch aluminum's, how hard hiting are we talking? If you can use som different sub's to compare, that would be grate!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2871
They're very similar to the JL W6v2 for SPL and sound quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Thehammer

Mount Holly, Nj US

Post Number: 19
yo glasswolf have u ever heard of a sub called the wildbeast from cadence im currently running a mtx 950015inch and im loving it but i heard the 2 12inch wilds in a ported box and they sounded great which should i go wit the 2 12's or stick wit the 1 15

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6905
I've never actually used one.
I've really only dealt with Cadence's amplifier lines for the most part.. at least as far as anything recent is concerned.

Bronze Member

Mount Holly, Nj US

Post Number: 20
as far as amps go for cadence do u think there 1000 watt zrs-8 is better than the jl 1000/1 because if i do get the wildbeast i do not kno if i should get a new amp

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Thank's Jonathan, I think I am going to look in to geting a pare of the Eclipse alumanum's.

Bronze Member

Mount Holly, Nj US

Post Number: 21
anyone think that a cadence zrs-8 is better than a jl 1000/1 because im getting the wild beast and the guy at the store had his running to the cadence but i dont want to get rid of my jl what should i do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us