Glasswolf...i could use some help on this one..

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 26
i have a few things to ask you...first off...my friend disagrees with me..we want an objective opinion...what will hit harder and sound better...an eclipe ti pro or 2 12 inch jlw7's...also i found my xmas present early and my mom is getting me a green neon underbody kit...does this hook directly up to the batter or how does it hook up...if so to the batter how do you turn it on/off

taylor17
Unregistered guest
The Jl 12w7 will be louder

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6867
well, there are several factors to consider really.
box type, vehicle, amount of power applies....
based solely on the subs themselves, the two 12W7s will have more combined Xmax and surface area displacement so they would be louder than a single 12" Ti pro.
Now if you're talking about an 18" Ti pro, that may be an interesting comparison, but you'd better be feeding that Eclipse at least about 3Kw.

as for the underbody kit, it wires to teh battery or through a relay. you install a switch in the dash of the car to turn it on or off.

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 30
no im talking an 18 eclipse TI Pro...what will go stronger...also...what is the best box to put a 10 inch eclipse ti in...and can this amp run it on mono...http://www.interfireaudio.com/products_ampli_ib2.htm ...the IB29000....also i have so much to ask you...after you respond to this i have alot to ask..i tried reading that page you sent me...it just baffled my mind

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2862
Ti Pro with the right power would hit harder in the proper box IMO. SQ I'd give to the JL, the motor of the Pro is very, very strong, to the point of overdamping the driver, the regular Ti is better for sound quality purposes.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2863
Also, I'd personally put around 700-800W RMS on a 10" Ti.

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 31
oh yeah also...with the comparison...just assume both of the subs were in perfect ideal conditions...simple as that

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 55
I wouldnt get that interfire amp if I were you. My friend has that one and it is really nothing special. They call it a 1000w amp however that is its MAX power and means nothing. In reality it is a 550w amp, which wont even come close to powering an 18 eclipse ti pro. If you are talking about that amp powering a 10" ti then I stil wouldnt get it. Like Jonathan said, Ive heard 700w is ideal for a 10" ti. I have heard these perform great in sealed enclosures.
Speaking of the 10" eclicipse ti, my friend might be getting 4 of those in a custom fiberglass enclosure this summer. I cant wait to hear it. It should be amazing.

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 32
glass...i also have another question for ya...i hooked up my neon kit and its pretty bad...but...i want to know how i can make it pulso to music or to make it pulse to my acceleration..i was told i could do either....any tips please

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 273
You can buy a little sensor addaptor thing that goes in-line with the power to your kit, if you have a switch in your car somewhere, then you'd put it a little ways after the switch. Not totally positive, my friend has one, but I've never looked at it real close before, but I'm pretty sure it just goes inline with the power.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7016
the neon kit is illegal to use while the car is moving.
there are adapters you can buy that vary the voltage based on audio sensing.
partsexpress.com might have those. not sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us