A LITTLE HELP PLEASE???

NYrobNY
Unregistered guest
can i run 2 12" alpine type r 1241D off of 1 MRD-M501? i was told that the ohms didnt match up or something and id either have to get 2 more type r's or get one more MRD-M501 and overpower them carefully. is that true? and glasswolf if you could just leave me some ideas for my stereo here that would be cool.....
alpine cda-9835
alpine MRD-M501
2 12" type r
MBquart hi/low
2 7.2" phoenix digital LCD

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 45
you did get the wrong voice coil config if you want to go with alpine amps there geared towards 2 ohm setups.. yours will work with 1 ohm or 4 ohms ..and yeh you would have to run 2 m501s = 550 watts to each sub at full volume or you could go with MRD-M301 which gives out 350 rms .. if you were to use 1 amp you could go with something like the jl 1000/1 which gives 1000 rms at 4 ohms..
i have 2 12" type rs with the 2 ohm coils that i will be running with alpines mrd m1001 u could have gone with that option with the other type coils

NYrobNY
Unregistered guest
do you think that 2 MRD-M501's would be to much?..ive read other places that it would be to much..but thanks and hopefully ill figure something out.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 46
well aparently they can take some punishment so its up to you i guess i would recommend keeping the volume down tho sein as its almost double the rms value of the sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us