Help With an AMP

Username: Jmiller

Post Number: 9
I just install 4 Polk DB650 60 RMS on my 04 accord sedan, they sound nice but they definitely need more power than what they are getting from the HU. I know I need an AMP but I'm on a budget. I would like to get your opinion on a Clarion APA450 50x4 for $90. I know nothing about AMP so I'll trust your judgements. Thank

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6827
Clarion is a good company, but an alternative for a good price would be JBL.

Post Number: 10
Thank you GlassWolf. Which one you recomend from JBL? I was also looking at a MTX Thunder404 for about $165 but after buying gifts for everybody else, I have very litle money to buy one for me.
Enjoy the holidays.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6852
the MTX is a great amplifier.
I figured it might be a bit out of your price range, but I wasn't sure what the 404 was running now street price. check websites for the best prices on this stuff, like etronics.com
far cheaper than retail stores.
the JBL GTO series amplifiers are really nice, and reasonably priced. I don't have the model handy for the 4 channel amps of theirs though.
www.jbl.com has all the specs though. then just search etronics for a price. that'll give ya a feel for what they have and if it fits your needs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey GlassWolf I decided to order the MTX Thunder404 $154 shipped on Ebay. One last question, my polk db 650 have a 2 way X-over built-in. How do I config the x-over on the AMP for optimum sound?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Can somebody give me some feedback about X-over settings

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6982
set the amp to high-pass, at about 100-125Hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us