What would you get?

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 40
K if you had about 700 bucks to spend on a system ( -120 for a box/installation) what would you get.. subs + and an amp. Leave out 15` subs plz. This is the only way im gona find out something good, i cant keep trying to look around for diff subs. Size is sortve restrained so 2 12s at most w/ a sealed enclosure. All geared a bit more towards sound quality. If need be stretch the price a bit (because i was thinking RE SX with an amp which will run more than the budget mentioned above)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6812
the RE SX, EX, or even the RE line of subs are good, depending on budget.
you can get a prefab box pretty well made from bigdogcaraudio.com for two twelves.
amp depends on the subs of course, but look at mono amps from JBL, Kicker, or MTX.
all are affordable brands, and reliable.

do you already have a head unit and front speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ill probably be sticking with the stock system on the scion tc. 6 speaker system 160 watts, pioneer hu. Comps i can get a month or 2 down the road. What are the EX.. dont see them on the re site. How does 1 10 RE SX (260 shipped/ 1000 watts rms) sound. Leaves about 350 for an amp.
Id go with the RE line but they only push 175w rms and doubling up with any of these subs (aside from the re line) will run me over $300 on the subs alone. Im sorta trying to stay under 1000 watts too. Would feeding the SX 900 watts be good or should i look elsewhere for some subs. Any other setup ideas?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6824
the SX would be great.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
okie..hopefully the damn hatch wont fall apart. What amp do you recommend.. since id only be getting only one sub.. what would the ohm/ wiring config have to be? And srry about all the questions.. this is going to be my first system and i want to make sure i get something really good for my money, so ill probably change my mind another 30 times lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Oh crap, i just noticed the specs on the RE SE. 600 watts would probably be a pretty good amt for me. I guess i could do 1 12`SE with a 600 watt amp. Since this sub is a 4 ohm dvc would i have to find a sub that pushes 600 watts @ 4 ohms?

Giturar
Unregistered guest
its dual voice coil, so youd need an amp thats stable down to 2 ohms, and pushes 600 at 2 ohms

you can wire a single 4 ohm dvc sub to 2 or 8 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Ah thanks.. Kicker kx600.1 would probably work for that i suppose.
lol i just noticed the adire shiva is 650watts rms. Sigh..
I have a half page full of ideas for a new system lol.

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 20
The Kicker kx600.1 amp can do a lot more than 600 watts too. I just got mine and it says it can do 735.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
wow.. should be a good match then.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6840
yup and if you want a lot of output from the sub, go with a ported box tuned to about 32Hz.

SE.. that's what it was next to the SX.
I was close.. couldn't remember the line's name off hand when I wrote that post.
RE, SE, SX, XX.X, MT.. yeah

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 25
hey mo...i would go with what wolf was saying...but ive found some good subs online really cheap that are really strong...id suggest those...but my mom just got a new scion and she got its upgraded speaker system with it and its amazing...sounds better than my system...lol not really...but it sounds amazing...maybe you could get that from the company still ona discounted price...see about that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Well high output would be nice but im keeping this in a hatchback and i dont want to go deaf. And besides.. anything under 1000 watts should be good enough for a daily driver setup, even in a sealed enclosure (correct me if im wrong). Im still sorta stuck, its pretty damn confusing dude.. theres way too many sub amp combos i can go with.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6870
sure it would.
my old IASCA car was running a total actual power of 820wRMS for everything and it was plenty loud.
never had a person ask me if that was "as loud as it can go."
did have a few beg me to turn it down though heheh

you should be fine keeping it under 1Kw

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
great :-). Dan.. did she get the bazooka sub upgrade or the speaker?
and glasswolf.. if i got the re sx (1000w rms) would the eD.nine1 be a good choice or can u recommend some other amps

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 52
The nine.1 should be a great choice imo. Run that amp at 2 ohm and youll have pretty close to 1000w (the amp is very underrated). You can pick up a bstock nine.1 direct through eD for 275 with the full 3 yr warranty here http://www.icixsound.com/vb/auction.php?aid=67 The only thing wrong with it is a small scratch I guess.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
wow dude.. That system would be cheaper than what i was thinking about with the idq 10s, and it put out 1 hell of alot more power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us