Which face to place Subs? Why am I even asking this...

Bronze Member
Username: Karthalin

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 79
Ok, box plans are nearly finalizied. Now I just want some info as to which face should I put the subs on? Box is a basic rectangle with one slant face. The subs are placed about 5 inches from the rear of the trunk and are firing backwards, towards rear of car. Should the slant side face the rear or should the flat side face the rear? Basically, imagine this text box is the car, trunk on right and hood on left. with the subs firing towards the rear, which way should the box face:

This Way: |_\
or
This Way: /_|

Opinions on which way actually "looks" cooler are what I am looking for because I doubt there will be any difference in sound. Unless there is.

So, pop the trunk lid and see subs looking up at you a little bit or looking straight out, which looks neato?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 380
before making up your mind, try listening to it both ways and you tell us if you hear a big difference. i think you might be surprised

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 80
I cant listen to it both ways. Either I put the sub mount holes on the slanted side or I put the holes on the vertical surface

You see, I am designing the box today/tomorrow, getting supplies Monday, building all next week. The subs WILL face toward the rear no matter what. My question is which side of the box should I put the sub holes to mount to? Should the subs mount to the slant face or the vertical face? Either weay they will face backwards.

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
ahhhhh, ok, i didnt hear you correctly.
in my opinion i think it would be better on the slant cuz you could see them alot better.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 281
I agree. Put them on the slanted side.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
:-)

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA