Check Out My New Woofers

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 77
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/647618/6

The first one is the TC Sounds Custom A. Only three exist in the world and this was the very first one built. The other two care the Custom B & Custom C. It has 36mm x-max and 3k rms power handling. It has already smoked an 18" triple X so it has more than proven itself in the SPL arena, even though it is based on more of an SQ design.

The second woofer is none other than the TC Sounds LMT, which produces a flatter curve than even XBL^2 could dream of. The guy I got it from has tested every woofer under the sun, including the W7 and triple x, and he says this woofer spanks them all. It has 48mm x-max and over 2k rms power handling. The only other woofer that will touch it is the new RE driver and even it has less excursion than the model I have and costs far more than what I paid for this.

Questions/Comments... post em!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 381
ya, e-mail me at zacdavis@sbcglobal.net
do you compete?
how many spiders does it have?
what is the impedence of these woofers?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6741
and what exactly did you pay for each of those subs?

if there are only 3 of them, there isn't much point in advertising them lol

Username: Justincana

Post Number: 4
Looks like eclipse titanium subs . . .

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 35
I don't think he's advertising him. He's just showing them off, which I would too if they are as great as he says they are.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6785
did you mention the size of this sub? I didn't see a cone diameter.
"36mm x-max and 3k rms power handling"

36mm linear? Xsus? Xmag? 3000 watts is a thermal rating.
how much power does it need to reach full excursion, and in what type of enclosure?

"TC Sounds LMT, which produces a flatter curve than even XBL^2 could dream of."

curve between what frequency range? C-weighted?
in what kind of enclosure again?

"48mm x-max and over 2k rms power handling"

again, cone diameter? thermal power rating. how much does it really need though?
what is the motor strength on this sub? magnet material/weight/topology?
price?

there are a few more questions to help define the sub a bit more.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6786
TS specs would be nice too :-)

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 286
hahahahhaha glasswolf strikes again. wolf i think its funny cuz this guy is showin off his stuff and once again you know more...or know what he doesnt know...about his own stuff...haha. funny

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 22
the TC LMT is just a prototype and is not in mass production at all (yet). TC is just OEM, and i highly doubt anyone will be able to throw out and specs about the LMT at all glasswolf. I tried to dig some up but couldn't. One model i guess has an x-max of 48mm according to someone on sounddomain. Other then that the 15" looks pretty sick in action

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/TC%20Sounds/lmt15.1.wmv

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 652
that video just didnt excite me at all, nothing real thrilling that made me want to buy that sub...

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 23
Well, NO video of a subwoofer makes me excited at all really. No video would ever have an impact on wheather or not i buy a sub, but it's nice to get a look at it, I thought. maybe not for you though.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 388
i cant believe you guys, this dude shows you a pic of his kick azz sub and all you can do is hate on it, flamers.
well, i'll tell ya i think you may have a badazz sub there and hope you do well with it. l8a

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Sorry guys I never visit this board, have two jobs, and go to college. Here are your answers:

did you mention the size of this sub? I didn't see a cone diameter.

it sure doesn't look like a 10", it's a 15"

"36mm x-max and 3k rms power handling"

36mm linear? Xsus? Xmag? 3000 watts is a thermal rating.

it's linear x-max, peak to peak linear chief.

how much power does it need to reach full excursion, and in what type of enclosure?

full excursion can be reached with around 2500 and a ported enclosure.

"TC Sounds LMT, which produces a flatter curve than even XBL^2 could dream of."

curve between what frequency range? C-weighted?
in what kind of enclosure again?

unsure of the frequency range, i got this info. from someone who has seen the graphs. sealed enclosure.

"48mm x-max and over 2k rms power handling"

again, cone diameter? thermal power rating. how much does it really need though?

it takes well over 2k to get full excursion from it. 2k is just a relative power rating. it can take more than that.

what is the motor strength on this sub? magnet material/weight/topology?
price?

i'm unsure of BL at this time. i'm also unsure of the magnet material, of course it's not neo. topology has already been stated, I guess you missed it. it's the LMT (LINEAR MOTOR TECHNOLOGY) the woofer weighs only 43.5 pounds and as you can see the magnets are quad stacked. Price can go as high as you want, it's TC Sounds now. The guy I bought it from paid $800 I believe, i bought it from him for $320.

there are a few more questions to help define the sub a bit more.

Yeah, let me go ahead and get specs for a woofer that hasn't yet been released to the public yet, also it is a prototype so the specs would be different from the other drivers produced. They have the LMT motor made for every other platform they have available in my knowledge. There just isn't a lot of information floating around about these at the time.

John_Smith, what does Glass know about my woofer I don't know? He was asking questions. Please keep your retarded e-comments to yourself.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6813
I wasn't trying to stump Chief. I was actually curious about that stuff. design piques my interest. I mean come on. I'm an engineer after all :P Thankfully Chief caught that and didn't take offense to my questions. Sorry if I came across as rude though. I wasn't hating on any of it. The sub looks promising. At $800 I'd probably stick to my triple X 12" that was $369, but for the price you got it for, that's looking like a great deal.

nice looking sub though. I agree it reminded me of an Eclipse too.

I did the smiley because I figured the TS specs weren't out or at least released.. but if they were, I'd be interested to see some of them. I figured they do at least exist if the guy building the subs did all of those comparisons with the RE and JL subs etc. If the testing was done in anything resembling a control environment he'd have gotten quite a few of the TS specs down by now. I understand confidentiality as well though, and I can respect that.

thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
The guy saying 48mm x-max on Sound Domain is ME! One in the same. As he said TC Sounds is an OEM manufacturer and yes they build Eclipse's woofers. They also build, or used to build, Elemental Designs and the Memphis LVS.

The basket of both the woofers is the same as found on the eclipse woofers.

Don't get me wrong. My Custom A is a 3HP and so is an Eclipse Ti. But my woofer has a 3.4" long coil and will stomp a mudhole in the Ti. The woofer in-car response is useable down to 8hz, but the woofer has a very high inductance, 12mH to be exact, so it has absolutely no transient response. 45hz is about as high as this puppy will play.

The guy who tested all the woofers, Pete, tested them using in-car tests and years and years and years of car audio knowledge/testing. He said there is NO comparison between the LMT and W7, LMT hands down.

PS - That is Mike's (aka Gilligan's Hitch) LMT in the video : )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us