System

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 35
i have an unexpected influx of income, and I was looking for any suggestions. I have about 3 grand to spend on just subs, box, amp, etc. already have head unit, speakers. any suggestions? i want to break some ribs in my car... civic, small trunk but i dont care.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 36
how does memphis audio sound?
diamond audio?
i can get a custom box that will fill my trunk so i can fit two 15s

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 50
why dont you try 2-jl 13w7's with a jl 1000/1 to each, or US amps DE 1000 to each. I am sure you would prob be happy with that set up. Also try REXXX 15's with the same amps as above. I mean hell if you got the money why not! The nice thing is with either set up you can run at 1ohm or 1.5ohms's with the W7's and utalize peak power from your amps. Both those amps are stable at 1ohm so you would be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6722
Two RE triple X 12" or 15" subs with an Orion 1200D on each one.

zapco reference or a matching orion 4 channel amp for components

1/0ga power distribution

200A alternator for the civic from ebay

yellow top battery

spend the remainder on the box for the subs and an alarm system

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 37
thanks, also for a friend. is a Diamond Audio TDX 12D4 better than a Kicker L7 (both 12 inches)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6734
the diamond is better constructed, and far better for SQ.

the kicker would probbaly be louder if that's your only goal, but it won't sound as good doing it.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 38
ok thanks. i went to a sound place today. for 3 grand i can get 2 12" TDXs, a memphis mojo amp (the 3000 bridged mono one), a kinetik power cell (heard amazing things abt it), a setup in the trunk that will like custom fit the subs INTO my car, and a car alarm system that gives me power door locks, remote start, and a pager that tells me when and where my car has been jacked .... all for 3 grand. not to mention lifetime installation warantee, and 5 years on all the parts. sound good?

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 39
and whats the trade in on a 2004 L7 12" 2 ohm, used for two months? and a Boss Audio Riot 1600 watt amp? if u could just direct me to a website, i'll find it myself. oh, and i can't actually fit a 15 in the back of my trunk. it's just over 16 inches tall.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 40
sorry, just read my earlier post, probably should have specified what i meant by "better". thanks for the answer, too.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 41
i feel bad abt chain posting, but i keep remembering things. as of now i have no tweeters. my music is mostly limited to rap with the occasional green day or the like. should i invest in some, or is it not worth it.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6752
sounds like a sweet system.
I'd go with component separates up front. that'd liven up the front stage a lot.
give a better overall sound to the system compared to focusing on the subs and not the rest of the system

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 43
im already running new kicker speakers in my doors and in my back pannel, and the HU is new too (two months)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6766
then just amplify that front stage and maybe the rears and you'd be all set

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 65
Okay. I asked this question in another thread but I can't find it. I used to be able to find my last 20 some posts through my profile, but I can't find it now. Should I get tweeters if the majority of the music I listen to is rap, with the occasional Green Day?

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 66
Wow, the post I was talking about is right only a few up.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 68
Oh and is the HO alternator necessary if I'm getting the kinetik power cell?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6896
I don't see any need for separate tweeters if you have good separates up front already.
the alternator is needed if your lights dim, or voltage drops.. otherwise, no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us