Sub opinions..

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 27
K at first i was set on getting the idq10 d2..but then i saw the eD 11Kv.2 d2 and saw the support this company has for its customers (and ive seen a couple people mentioned eD stuff). The question is.. how would you compare the 2?
The 11kv.2 puts out 300watts rms and the idq puts out 250. Anyone have experience with the eD subs? The reason i ask is.. if i can get similar performance, ill only end up paying 230 - 10% + shipped free for the ed subs vs. over 310 for the idq not shipped, that would help me pay for the rest of my system down the road.
What do you guys think about the sq/ spl + build quality of the eD subs compared to the idq subs.
Keep in mind.. i get a 3 year warranty with eD and they will design a custom box setup for free.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 237
what site are you going to buy the ed from?

and isnt the idq alot cheaper than 300 or did you mean the IDMax v3?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
im going to get the ed from the ed site (free shipping/ 3yr warranty/ 10% off). 2 11kv.2 = 230 shipped
The idq10v.2 d2 is about 150 - 170 shipped x 2 = 300+ shipped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
actually the ed will be more like 215 shipped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
BUMP

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 622
both subs have there strong points, go with what you like better...what can you power better with the amp you have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
no amp heh ;\
What are the strong / weak points on both? The amps i saw were the kicker kx600.1 and Phoenix Gold Xenon x600.1 for the eDs and the memphis 500D or w/e for the idqs. Im still open to suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 243
I would say get 1 IDMAX 12 v3 and it will be better than either for similar prices

unless you are totally set on having 2 subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Well the prices wont really be similar, the idmaxx 10 is around 300 or so. I can get the eD 10s for 70 bucks under that. It would also cost alot less to power them (600 watts) vs the maxx's 1000 watt requirement. And 1000 is a bit more than i want.. i wanted to stay around 600 watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
bumpzors?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6743
I'm not too big a fan of eD after seeing the quality of their prior lines of subs and their customer service when the subs came apart on a few friends of mine.

I can only hope they've learned how to take care of their customers now and build more reliable speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Ah man that sucks. I read alot of negative things about their subs before but i heard they have gotten alot better. It was pretty much that price that looked really attractive. I wouldve saved about 70 bucks ;[
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us