OT: Favorite CD you bought this year.

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 30
Whats your favorite CD you bought this year?
I re-bought Alice in Chains - Unplugged...
its my favorite CD ever really...but I borrowed
it to a friend, and it got scratched up to hell.
Awesome for setting up a stereo, and good
music to boot!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 326
its to bad he died, all the good guys end up gone too early, stevie ray, jimmy, darrel, the list goes on.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 325
Yeah I rebought "BULLET BOYS FREAK SHOW" and David Lee Roth's "A Little Ain't Enough" I can't make up my mind which I like most. But putting in another h/u and a whole second setup is out of the ?. So I play they 1 at a time. They probably wouldn't sound good mixed together anyway. LOL

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
eminem-encore....its not the type of music you guys might listen to but damn eminem is brilliant. theres nobody else out there than can put a sentance togeather that will make your jaw drop.....alive anyways...oh yeah....always bring weed for the ride..haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
oh I don't know, I got his marshall mathers band cd, and listen to it quite often. But you are right on one thing, NObody can put a sentence together the way he can.
As far as weed for the ride. No thanks I outgrew that stuff years ago. Darnit.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
no weed for the ride??? c'mon man theres nothing better than hittin the highway and sparkin a blunt to ease your mind..(or just to get high lol)..but ill grow out of sometime to but right now im'ma live life high as hell...

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 86
his songs have gone downhill ever since he got together with d-12, listen to encore then pop in his 2nd CD.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
ever since hes gotten with D12????are you retarded?..do you even know what your talking about?...hes been with D12 before hes been with dre. D12 has been with eminem since eminem wasnt even rapping. so before ya go and talk about something you probably have no idea about. atleast google it...hahaha

MadFatChickKiller
Unregistered guest
He is right, and plus, by his second CD, Im sure you mean the Marshall Mathers LP, and not the Slim Shady LP which was actually his second cd, first was INFINITE. But anyhow, if you do mean the Marshall Mathers LP, its not really comparable to Encore. Eminem has 2 different styles, the goofy piss everyone off style, and the serious style, and these are appearant with his albums. Slim Shady LP was goofy, Marsall Mathers LP was serious. For Encore he reverted back to his Slim Shady style, so comparing that album to the Marshall Mathers LP wouldnt make sense, because you might only like one of his styles, its all a matter of taste, not Eminem decreasing in talent, because that would never happen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
i just never really got into rap, it doesnt seem to be very challenging musically. i'm a profesional musician who likes jamming along with albums while playing an instrument if my band isnt around,(i'm a drummer who also plays guitar). and i even have a eminem album i've played to. i'm not sayin rapping doesnt require tallent. its just that i dont think i could ever see myself arguing about how some kids lyrics are this way on one album and this way on another. sorry, i know i sound a little arrogant but seriously i think ghetto rap does for the most part require little to no talent what so ever. and guys, i do like some rap stuff, like the new jay z album, beasties, black eyed, nappy roots, and even a little project pat, ect., they're some pretty great ones. i just cant stand it when i hear rappers talkin about mutha f this n that n your a punk n i'm a balla sh!t, then see some sickly 16 year old 100 pound kid listenin to it turned wide up sittin at the stop light. and bluntman, stay off the highway while smokin weed, not the best decision i know your capable of.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6534
favorite I bought this year.. hmmm
toss up between:
Pink Floyd - The Wall (24K gold MFSL)
and
Sarah Mclachlan - Afterglow

favorite regardless of time:
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL Gold CD)

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 45
Hanson - Middle of Nowhere. Those girls can SING!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Glass...You should burn me a copy of DSOTM onto a MFSL
disk!
Ill pay for all of it.... :-)
You cant get that thing for less than 100 bucks these days...

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 88
What is a MFSL disc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
www.mfsl.com

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 99
I bought a couple of good ones the last month:
Necro: The Pre-fix for Death
Monoxide: Chain Smoker

Currently rebuilding cd collection since car got robbed. Yea Alice in the chains is awesome, saving up for the box set.

I heard a sweet rock version of Floyd's brick in the wall on the rock station today. Anyone kow who does that?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 299
without a doubt...

haiku d'etat - coup de theatre

Bronze Member
Username: Alex711

Post Number: 59
For everyone who likes rap u guys need to pick up
Yo Gotti...i live near memphis and that's how i heard about him he's a memphis rapper..but has a unique sound and if u want to bump to some new stuff and see who the next big thing is download a few of his songs and u'll be wanting them all

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 561
Not a big fan of rap but ive been enjoying DJ kaslay present the best of remi martin, theres something about her rhymes that i find amazing.

Find some stuff by Capital J and you'll bump...

As for Rock cd i've bought, i'd say...i dont listen to much rock, listen to alot of hardcore...i'm liking the Texas Chainsaw massacre soundtrack right now...

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1186
i heart breaking benjamin both we're not alone and saturate...i also like LP/JZ collision course cd alot

and cant forget rufio..and avegned sevnefold and sevendust

thats my music :-)

Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 10
People still buy cds?

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 46
Later That Day by Lyrics Born is funky and it hits.

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 82
i love te lp/jayz cd. The song numb/encore i have to admit hits hard

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
Is there such a thing as a favorite cd? There are times I have to agree with glass and it would be "Dark Side of the Moon" but then there are times that it would be Fleetwood Mac's old "Rumors" cd But then there are times that it will be g unit or eminem. I think music is all whatever mood your in.
But then again it could be a friday night out on the lake with a beer in one hand and a fishing pole in the other getting into some jazz.
Then again it could be alone time and listening to some beethovan or verdi. It's all what mood you are in.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 319
Help2 and Zac, Alice in Chains kick a$$. I love Alice in Chains. My favorite CD from them is Dirt. They came to snuff the rooster, ya know he aint gonna die.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
yeah nick, Korn re-did brick in the wall, it kicks. Dont know if it is on the radio though.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6549
always liked alice in chains. best thing to come out of the 90s grunge scene for sure.. followed perhaps by STP.
great band though.. in spite of their lead singers fondness for illicit substances.

come to think of it, Allysin Chaynes isn't too bad either! (If you don't know, don't ask. lol)

I need to get some more of the MFSL CD-R media.
Then I could make a dupe of the UltraDisc.
I found the best bet for finding those CDs used now is from amazon.com's used CD searches, or in small used CD shops locally. eBay is ok, but people go nuts bidding for the CDs there.. you'd think it was the last copy on earth with what some people will pay on that site for things. Especially the ultradiscs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
Yeah STP is a great band too.
I guess i wont ask about Allysin Chaynes, Glass. I just dont get it....lol

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6551
google the name :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
ok Glass, ha ha .lol thats pretty funny. Didnt look in any of the sites but i saw the main part of the title. hah hahhaha

Bronze Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 61
i wouldn't call it a "best" by any stretch, but i would have to answer "the rhythm of reggae" 3 CD box that i just bought because i think it's the only CD i've bought this year.

my DVD collection is now larger than my CD collection.

Bronze Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 62
oh, by the way... to the person looking for the dark side of the moon "burn", why not get the SACD version instead? the reviews i've read call it the best mastering ever and it's in surround with an additional 44.1/16 CD layer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
You heard wrong sir.
MFSL 24k Gold discs are the best.
Theres no way Id buy any album in surround,
let alone DSOTM.
w
:-)

JayJay
Unregistered guest
The Killers "Hot Fuss"

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
you digital guys and your recordings. i hope some day you learn to hear the music, and not the information, then you will hear the difference between anolog and digital.
buy vinyl, best recordings next to the original two inch.

you have only two eyes in your head. they both "see" information and the two together give you a third perception of what your "seeing" depth, this is what your ears do as well, you only need two channels presented to them, isnt this what recordings are supposed to do, close your eyes and your seemingly there. i'm huge into recording in stereo live two track, using two tube preamped AL-1 mics. just as a pair of ears were listening, two speakers would be representing.
purists

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6742
I have an original pressing of DSotM on vunyl, too.
I have a very large collection of vinyl in fact.
I wouldn't play it in my car though.

in regards to the SACD remastering, it's good, but to appreciate the information encoded, you need a good SACD player. also not an option for a car, and a good home SACD player starts around $500 and goes up quickly from there.

The other reason to have the MFSL pressing, is just as a collector item. It's OOP now, and has been for over ten years.
I can buy the SACD for $25. You'd be hard pressed to find the MFSL pressing still in it's original packaging for under $250
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us