Which Type R subs

Username: Vibe

Post Number: 4
I have a friend who is going to buy 2 x Type R subs but doesn't know which ones to buy from the 1221D or the 1241D. Which 1's would be good for R'n'B & hip hop music, he is prob going to have them in a sealed box. He has bought an Alpine MRD M300 at the moment.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 514
he should get the Type R 1221D...that owuld be a single 2 ohm voice coil, allowing him to run each sub its own channel on the alpine amp at 2 ohms for maximum performance from the amp..

kklagge
Unregistered guest
Do you know if the 12" type "R" will handle more than the 300 RMS they state (they say they'll handle 1000 Peak...seems like a big gap to me)

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 518
peak is only a momentary thing, a sub shouldn't be run at over its rated RMS, its more of a thermal thing, the voice coils may not be able to handle more then Xwatts of power for more then breif moments in time...to make a long story short, i wouldn't run more then 350 to the sub, and if you do, set your gains a touch low...

Username: Vibe

Post Number: 5
Thanks alot Jeff that really helps

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 27
max, if u got two type r's and ran them off the alpine mrd-m300. you would get about 125rms to each sub even at 2 ohms at the amp. i know this cus i have a alpine mrd-m301. that 350wrms is for 14.4v not many cars even come close to that.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 523
ah yes, i was wrong, didnt read clearly, you'd get about 125 to each sub at 2 ohms...if i were you i'd look into another amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 28
if ur into alpine like i am, i would look at the alpine mrd-m501 off of crutchfield.com (sry am i not suppose to put site on, if not, sorry) u can get it on sale for about 300. GOOD DEAL

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
mrd-m501 at www.ikesound.com for $245.00 even better deal...and i just bought 2 of them and they azrrived very well shipped and on time...maybe that can help ya.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 346
The 1221Ds are DVC Jeff... You must wire the coils in series then parallel back to the amp to sustain a 2 ohm load. The MRDs are overrated and supply over the stated output; go with the MRD-M501 GREAT amp.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 347
underrated* :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 63
www.ikesound.com seems like a rip site... Never talked to someone who has ordered from them before though... www.woofersetc.com has soom good deals and I know some peeps that have ordered from them before. GOOD LUCK!

bluntman420
Unregistered guest
i just bought 2 mrd-m501's from www.ikesound.com and they were fast to get here and brand new. but thats just what happened to me i dont know anyone else who has ordered from there..but it was good by me

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 66
Oh okay. Its just that site didnt seem to be that professionaly built... That would be cool if they are 100% legit.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
i guess as long as it worked for me lol...but i cant say they are a bad place to go cause seriously they had my order taken and delivered all in 6 days..thats from california to NY...usually takes 7 days...but not like 1 day makes a difference..i just couldnt afford a well known "legit" site so i took my chances and it worked and if you order through there hopefully your as lucky.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us