I need help choosing a selfpowered sub

J-dub6996
Unregistered guest
i'm looking to spend 200 dollars. i also need one that will be easy to put in and take out. i need this because im using my dads car till my car is done getting restored. i just want something that will up my bass performance. thanx

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 491
Infinity basslink i think would be your best bet from what i've heard...dont take my word, i dont know much about pre-amplifired subs...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6260
a 10" basslink in my 01 JGC and it's very nice.
It's not the easiest for taking it out quickly though because it uses screw terminals for power, ground, and REM. It also screws into two brackets that screw to the floor of the car.
It is a great little sub for about $175 though, and $25 for an 8ga amp wiring kit for it and you're set.

If it has to be quick removal, go with an 8" bazooka tube that's self amplified. I have one of those laying around here, too. It uses a quick release MOLEX plug for power, signal, etc.. and the tube is held down by straps. you loosen the straps, and unplug the single plug, and the whole tube slides out just leaving the plug and two straps screwed into the car with two small brackets.

J-dub6996
Unregistered guest
thanx i was leaning to the bazookz tube. i just wanted some more opinions. thanx

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6297
in my opinion I prefer the basslink for both SQ and the amount of bass, because it uses a 10" sub and 10" radiator, and those passive radiators are tight, like a sealed box. The tube is ported, and ported at around 45Hz, which is a little boomy for my tastes.. but it is a much more convenient setup for your needs, and it will fill in the low end.
hell your dad may even like it once its in.

J-dub6996
Unregistered guest
thanx for all the info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us