JL subs

audio freak
Unregistered guest
i haqve a 1000w amp and a box with two 12" obcon subs in it and want to switch them with two JL w0 subs. is there anyplace inparticular that i should get them from and will they be louder than my obcon subs with the same power pushing them>??

Bronze Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 92
first, what brand is your amp? if you can, get me the model and make of it and i or someone else can judge on whether it will power those w0 subs or not

second, definately go with the w0 subs, they will do you great good

third, buy them from wherever you would like to, i would stay with someplace that has a warranty on them, they will be louder than your crappy obcon subs with greater SQ too, but it all depends on how you set up a system with a decent amp to match the power handling of the w0 subs

Silver Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 999
the 12W0 is rated for 125W RMS each.
do not surpass that amount of power.
The JL W0 line is deisgned for low power, shallow depth applications, and they have poor thermal handling.

Is that amplifier you have 1000 watts RMS?
at what load?
what make/model?

Username: Htown_kid_16

Post Number: 1
My parents juss got me a 01 BMW 325i and i want to put 2 JL w7 10's in it but i dont just want to stick dem da trunk cause i heard it muffels tha sound. Also i want to change the stock speakers, they arent loud enough... i want great sound quality and da bump!Wut do you reccomend and how much might it cost. Any good websites to find this stuff ???.. Pleaz help me out....THANX

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 113
ok i would advise either Focal, CDT or Infinity Kappa Perfect series compinent sets as far as speakers and get something like a good triaxal or coaxal for rear fill, your not gonna be cheap on these speakers cuz theyre extremely nice....CDT 6.5" components go for anywehre from $150-300 a pair i think, kappa perf's go for like $250 a pair and im not sure bout focal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us