Need opinions plz.

Username: E_will87

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 1
Ok, i just received my 15" adire brahma and i need some opinions on what would be the absolute best amp to push this sub, thanks.

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 2
Also, should i use a sealed or ported enclosure with this sub, what are the pros/cons? thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 92
something that pushes 700-800 rms with nice clean power. got a budget?

i have the alpine mrd1001 - very good but 1100 wats is a bit much for a brahma. try and kicker 600.1 that'l push out over 700 rms and it'l do a nice job.

sealed - sq
ported - spl.

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 3
K, thanks. I've narrowed the amps down to either the kx600.1 or the Hifonics BX1500D, I can get a better deal on the Hifonics but which one would do a better job with this sub? thanks again.

bielsibob
Unregistered guest
umm... its a 15, a brahma 15. 800 rms would be under-powering that sub.

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 4
Would it? It says anything over 1000 rms voids the warrenty so which amp would you recommend?

bielsibob
Unregistered guest
stait off the site...
" Brahma is designed for extreme SQ/SPL situations. It features dual 2 Ohm voice coils (1/2/4 ohm wiring options), 1600W RMS"

bielsibob
Unregistered guest
id go with the bx1500, there are rummors going around out there that it wont put out 1500 watts at 1ohm but more like 1250.

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 47
Bielsibob if you read up on the site about the warranty, you will see that over 1000 watt rms strictly voids the warranty. And if you know car audio, you will read that the 1600w rms is straight thermal. Which means that 1600 watt rms is not recquired to push the sub to its limits. BUt for eric, go wit the bx1000 amp. IT pushes around 850-980 watt rms which is enough to push a brahma 2 full excursion. The bx1500 will be to much for the sub and it will void the warranty.

Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 5
I believe it only takes 600-700rms to push the Brahma to full excursion in the right box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us